OTR Mobile changes ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTR Mobile changes ???

My wife said OTR Mobile was changing something again and we have to use a different SIM card.

Anyone have any clue what they did? Changed towers? Can I assume it will be better or worse just depending on where you're located?

In for this one

Comment

I know when they lost ATT we had to change. They went to sprint and we didn't have any towers even close to us, stinks because OTR was the best we have had. Have gone through at least 3 more companies since then and we ended up with Ubifi and its a far second for sure. Good luck.

Comment

OTR just told me they went back to ATT

Just FYI

Sprint worked ok..I'll see next week how ATT does.

Comment

Sprint?

Mine was T-mobile and changing back to ATT

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            Sprint?

Mine was T-mobile and changing back to ATT
            Yes, you're correct. It was T-mobile not Sprint

Comment

Sorry meant t mobile. If they did go back I’m ordering a card tomm, still have the hotspot from them.

Comment

We just got a T-Mobil sim last week. Was ATT. I called yesterday to get a second unit but they said due to covid they didn’t have any units in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got my new ATT sim last week. They still haven't activated it, but my current t mobile sim from them is still working, though bad service in my area

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                    Got my new ATT sim last week. They still haven't activated it, but my current t mobile sim from them is still working, though bad service in my area
                    My understanding was T-mobile and ATT use the same towers?

Mine may improve if not because there is an ATT tower right down the road

Like you, I activated my card but currently still working off of T-mobile card

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                      The new towers or whatever switch they made has been great. More than doubled my speed out at the ranch. 8-12mbs now

Comment

They have switched sims again and the reception/service deteriorated

Going to get Madhatter out here soon to see what other options I have

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                          They have switched sims again and the reception/service deteriorated

Going to get Madhatter out here soon to see what other options I have
                          Guess I got lucky because mine is way better now.

Comment

Any updates on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                              Any updates on this?
                              Yes, the big carriers finally got fed up with these companies leeching their service, so they are rolling out their own versions of "otr" type service.
                              No more bad sims, switching carriers, etc..
                              I believe AT&T, and Verizon, have already rolled theirs out.
                              OTR type companies about to be in the drink if I had to guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X