Stolen Truck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolen Truck!

Hello everyone. I need some advice. My 2015 Ford F250 was stolen a little over a month ago and the insurance company paid me off after two weeks. Well last week my truck was found with very minimal damage but about 3500 miles put on it . I have not purchased a new truck yet in the insurance company is wanting to know if I want to buy it back but they are only willing to sell it to me for exactly what the payoff amount was That they paid and then fix the damage. What are you guys think about this? I've tried to offer them less money considering that I have no idea how the truck was treated when I didn't have it but they are unwilling to budge. Any advice would be appreciated.

Personally, I’d walk away. As you said, you have no idea how the truck was treated. I’d be very concerned about issues down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by perryr View Post
      Personally, I’d walk away. As you said, you have no idea how the truck was treated. I’d be very concerned about issues down the road.
      Agree, I'd move on.

Comment

I would proceed with caution if taking the truck back at any price and would walk away for the pay off amount. Not much help, just my opinion.

Comment

Being that it’s unknown how it got treated during the 3500 mile test drive I would say stay away from it
          If it was abused badly during that 3500 no telling what could turn out later to be wrong, damaged or worn on it after that drive.

Comment

I would walk ....

Comment

I’d counter them with a full mechanical check by a dealer mechanic (compression check, oil analysis, transmission check, etc....) and request an extended warranty to offset any unknown issues from possible abuse. If they won’t budge, go find another truck.

Comment

Walk away...i know you might have had some equity in it but you are better off in the long run.

Comment

Just remind yourself that you don’t know what they did IN your truck as well as what they did TO your truck. Besides, if you aren’t getting a really good deal from the insurance company, why not go find something different. Change is good!

Comment

Walk away fast as u can and move on

Comment

Originally posted by perryr View Post
                      Bingo.... it’s like buying a rental truck now.

I’d offer them a ridiculously low figure and walk

Comment

Did they pay you a fair amount and can you replace it for what they paid? To me, it wouldn't be any different than buying a used truck, if that's what you would be replacing it with? You never know how a used truck may have been treated either.

The ins company will likely take less. Remember: They are in business to make money. They are going to try to maximize their take every time and on every transaction, no matter how white their teeth are or how big their smile is.

Comment

What is the retail value of the truck?

How does that compare to the amount you received as a settlement?

Comment

If you take it back and a month later you're having to replace the transmission or some other major item, are you going to be kicking yourself?

Right now you have the Ins check and can go get something else. Be it new or something with some type of warranty.

Go get something new to you and don't look back.

Comment

Walk away

If they paid it off then it was either worth payoff or less I am guessing

No way I would resume payments and have to worry about what might go wrong with it mechanically

Comment

Working...
                              X