Pork Ribs/ Beef Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Ribs/ Beef Brisket

Anyone have easy pork rib and/or brisket recipes? I'm a very basic guy. Lots of times some recipe's call for stuff a guy that lives 50 miles from the nearest fancy "market stores" can't get. I don't want to get too exotic.

My wifes cousin cooks his brisket's with no seasoning at all.Just uses the smoke to flavor them and they always turn out great.I always use a basic BBQ rub on mine.Usuall Zack's brand and thats about all I do.

Comment

I prefer baby backs but this will work on spare ribs also. I sprinkle a fair amount of garlic salt and pepper over the meat side of the ribs. Then rub on brown sugar. Place in enough foil to close the top with a couple inches to spare over the ribs. Place on grill then add about 1/4 to 1/2 of water so it runs to the bottom of the foil. I ussually make a little rampp in the foil so it just runs in instead getting splashed on the meat. Cook low heat about 225-250 for 2 hours or until they look like they are just about to fall off of the bone. Always make sure you maintain 1/4-1/2" of water through out cooking. Once they look about done pull the rack from the foil place dierectly on the grill add favorite BBQ sauce all over the top cook for additional 25 minutes. Give it shot you'll like it.

Comment

Thank you'll...Sounds PDG!

Comment

I had ribs the other day. They were cooked over mesquite coals wrapped in tinfoil and the only seasoning was a can of Dr. Pepper. Was suprising how dang good they were.

Comment

Not BBQ, but you didn't specify...so here goes. Simplest ribs EVER. Get a big roasting dish with a cover, package of Country Style ribs, and a couple bottles each of zesty italian dressing and BBQ sauce. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Put ribs in pan, cover with equal parts of zesty italian dressing and BBQ sauce. Add water as needed to make the liquid cover the ribs and mix well. Cover and place in oven for about 3 hours depending on the thickness of the meat on your ribs. When they come out, they will be fall apart tender, but if you overcook them, it ends up being more like a rib soup, so check them a few times, starting at the 2 hour mark.

Comment

i like ribs

Comment

Salt pepper garlic powder. BBQ low and slow. easy?

Comment

those of you with a smoker, ribs are simple.. now im talkin pork spare ribs, or baby backs.. not country style ribs. but the secret is cut the fat and extra stuff off the underside or bone side, pull the membrane completely off the bones. now apply a dry rub all over both sides, and let set 20 minutes it should turn into almost liquid covering the ribs. put on smoker bones facing down for 2 hours at 225, after 2 hrs pull ribs off smoker wrap in foil add a little apple juice to the foil seal tight, put back back on smoker for 1 hour and then remove from foil back on smoker another hour at 225 and wall-aah.. thats it.. ive placed in several competitions with this method.. for amazing ribs remember 2-1-1..try it you wont be disappointed..

brisket is really simple, salt and pepper all over the outside, when you think its too much add a little more. on smoker at 225-245 place fat side down and let her gin, keep temps @ 225 for 10 hours and check internal temp, when you get it to int temp of 180 degrees, take off smoker and wrap in foil and then an old towel and place in a clean ice chest, close lid and let it set 1 hour and then your done..

Comment

I love me some ribs. Rub em down with your seasoning of choice or pork/rib rub and smoke for 2 hours. 1st hour unwrapped 2nd hour wrapped in foil.

Comment

Originally posted by CRITTERTX View Post
                      those of you with a smoker, ribs are simple.. now im talkin pork spare ribs, or baby backs.. not country style ribs. but the secret is cut the fat and extra stuff off the underside or bone side, pull the membrane completely off the bones. now apply a dry rub all over both sides, and let set 20 minutes it should turn into almost liquid covering the ribs. put on smoker bones facing down for 2 hours at 225, after 2 hrs pull ribs off smoker wrap in foil add a little apple juice to the foil seal tight, put back back on smoker for 1 hour and then remove from foil back on smoker another hour at 225 and wall-aah.. thats it.. ive placed in several competitions with this method.. for amazing ribs remember 2-1-1..try it you wont be disappointed..
                      I do something similar. i've found the fiesta brand rib rub is pretty good. i put mustard on the ribs to help the dry rub stick and add some brown sugar as well. you also may have to vary the cook times. depending on how big they are and how hot your grill is, you may have to do 3-2-1 or 2-2-1. for baby back i normally do 2-2-1. also, at each hour mark, i will spray down the ribs with a little bit of apple juice. also, after you take it out of the foil, i will put a little bit of bbq sauce on the ribs to put some bark on the ribs. good luck.

Comment

I pour worchestershire (sp) over the ribs and use a seasoning sold at our local HEB. Grub Rub. Slow and low. Good luck.

Comment

I could tell ya but then I would have to kill ya........

Comment

Foolproof rib method....smoke for 3 hours and then cover with foil for two hours. temp should be 250-300.

Cannot give away the brisket/deer/hog method.

Comment

Originally posted by marknmatagorda View Post
                              Anyone have easy pork rib and/or brisket recipes? I'm a very basic guy. Lots of times some recipe's call for stuff a guy that lives 50 miles from the nearest fancy "market stores" can't get. I don't want to get too exotic.
                              All you need is a big ziplock bag, veggie oil, black pepper, kolcher salt and brown sugar. Put your country ribs in the ziplock and two table spoons of oil, 2cups of sugar salt and pepper till you think it good not to much though. Mix it up cover all the ribs with it let it set at room temp till it turns to liquid keep fliping the bag around every so offten fire the grill up and throw them on the fire. You have to watch them they will flame up pretty quick. Once there done cut and eat. It's also good on steak.

Comment

Working...
                              X