Considering a Career Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goofiefoot View Post
    I have a phone interview with a hiring manager this Thursday for a great job close to the house. Prayers up!
    How did the interview go? I hope you got the job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
      How did the interview go? I hope you got the job.

Keith, the phone interview went very well. The job sounds fantastic, and my buddy that works there has put in a good recommendation for me.

The hiring manager works in San Francisco, so the next step would be interviewing face to face here in Austin, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. I should find out this week if I'll be called back for the next round. I'm feeling pretty positive about it.

Thanks for the good thoughts! Keep 'em coming! [emoji1]

Comment

My face-to-face interview is set for June 1 with the hiring manager, along with a couple of local managers the role interacts with. I'm excited to be this far in the process, and looking forward to getting this interview wrapped up. I've been getting great feedback from the team, my buddy included, so I'm feeling good about it, but I am certainly nervous going into it. I'd love to wrap up 7 months of searching with a great job.

Send some prayers my way for a successful meeting next week!

Comment

Sounds promising, good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

good luck! thanks for letting us tag along!

Comment

Good luck! You might consider leaving that hat at home for the interview!

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
                Good luck! You might consider leaving that hat at home for the interview!

Good advice. I'll try to remember that.

Comment

The interview went really well. I'm hoping to hear something by early next week, and i really hope it's good news.

Comment

Well, I didn't get the job. They went with an internal candidate, which they never mentioned as a possibility. If I knew they were considering a coworker, I would have tempered my expectations, but I am happy to have made it so far in the process.

Coincidentally, another job popped up this week for the same company, that answers to one of the hiring managers I interviewed with. I reached out to her and let her know I was interested in joining her team, and applied this morning. I already have a phone screening with their recruiter set up for tomorrow morning.

I'd love to get my foot in the door with this company. I have several friends that work there, and they love it. Keep the prayers coming and your fingers crossed!

Comment

Good luck on your search

Comment

I just had a 6-person interview at this same company for a role I fit perfectly into. They are looking to make a decision next week, so I am hopeful for another great opportunity. Keep the prayers coming!

Comment

Good luck and prayers up!

Comment

Well, I didn't get the position I interviewed for, but they did say they would consider me for a 12-month contract for basically the same role.

I'm waiting to hear all the details, but I do know it's a full-time contract role with benefits. I've always worked as a permanent full-time employee, so "contract" makes me a little nervous. The money is decent, and the benefits look good. I really liked the team I met with, and would love the opportunity to get in the door. There's no guarantee that I would be considered for a permanent role once the contract is up. I'm going to have to get some more information from the recruiter, then spend some time weighing my options. As much as I'd like to better my situation, leaving a 18-year job to go contract needs some serious consideration.

I've got a few more applications out, but no contact on any other jobs.

Comment

I'll chime in here and follow this thread going forward.

After spending 18 years at my current employer I was faced with the option to take a separation package or staying and hoping for the best.

I chose to leave and have been unemployed for two weeks now. I've had a good amount of job and interview activity in the beginning, but so far no offers and no real turn down's as of yet.

I went into this thinking I would have a tough time turning down offers and deciding which one I wanted, but finding that it appears to be more of the opposite.

Being unemployed puts some pressure on landing the next job for me.

Comment

Originally posted by swreeder70 View Post
                                I'll chime in here and follow this thread going forward.

After spending 18 years at my current employer I was faced with the option to take a separation package or staying and hoping for the best.

I chose to leave and have been unemployed for two weeks now. I've had a good amount of job and interview activity in the beginning, but so far no offers and no real turn down's as of yet.

I went into this thinking I would have a tough time turning down offers and deciding which one I wanted, but finding that it appears to be more of the opposite.

Being unemployed puts some pressure on landing the next job for me.
                                I wish you all the best in your search! Where in Wimberley to you hunt? We're off Cottonwood and Fisher Store Rd.

I've seen friends in your shoes, and the pressure the situation puts on your search. I am completely aware that I am fortunate to be looking for a job while still employed. I just never expected the amount of time and effort it would take.

Comment

Working...
                                X