Gov. Abbott pees off the atheists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
    ok, but doesn't the first amendment allow all religions the same freedoms?

even those of hate?

thats why i think he will lose...
    Ok. I gotcha. Was going a different line of thought.

I do not believe that the first amendment allows total freedom to practice any religion.

Take the Islamic State. They cannot come set up camp and cut heads off on Sunday mornings.

Comment

I will also add that by atheist own admission they are NOT a religion so even in the twisted perversion of the First Amendment that many have, does NOT apply to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
        The separation of church and state was added to prevent the Church from running/controlling the State, not to prevent stately men from supporting the church in both private and public life. Read up on it. Just another area that has been perverted over the years.

I wish more people grasped this concept instead of taking it as it has been *******ized like it has. The words in the Constitution are quite clear.

They start off like this "Congress shall make no law......

Comment

ok, but doesn't the first amendment allow all religions the same freedoms?

even those of hate?

thats why i think he will lose...

How is a group called freedom from religion practicing religion?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            How is a group called freedom from religion practicing religion?
            the same way the church of the flying spaghetti monster calls itself a religion.

religion is personal and no one has the right to tell others theirs is not real or better.

Comment

the same way the church of the flying spaghetti monster calls itself a religion.

religion is personal and no one has the right to tell others theirs is not real or better.
              Your last sentence is wrong...the constitution does give us that right...that is like dying people can't have convictions/opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                The separation of church and state was added to prevent the Church from running/controlling the State, not to prevent stately men from supporting the church in both private and public life. Read up on it. Just another area that has been perverted over the years.
                That's not the issue that's been perverted. The issue boils down to, yes you can support religion in your private and public life but when it interferes with your political servant life than its a problem. When policy is made based on religious precept it becomes invalid in my opinion. Sad to say its only an issue on the right, if they could do their job without that interference it'd be a non argument.

Comment

Originally posted by bowstalker210 View Post
                  That's not the issue that's been perverted. The issue boils down to, yes you can support religion in your private and public life but when it interferes with your political servant life than its a problem. When policy is made based on religious precept it becomes invalid in my opinion. Sad to say its only an issue on the right, if they could do their job without that interference it'd be a non argument.
                  That " religious interference " he s the only reason this is and has been the greatest society ever created.

Comment

Gov. Abbott pees off the atheists

When policy is made based on religious precept it becomes invalid in my opinion. Sad to say its only an issue on the right, if they could do their job without that interference it'd be a non argument.

I disagree. The left makes policy giving anti-religious groups more leeway to interfere with religious culture in the name of "fairness". It's BS. It'd be one thing if it were to ensure that religion want forced upon anyone, but the left caters to the activist atheist and not only enables but encourages them to encroach on religious freedom under the guise of that same religious freedom being an equal voice to directly denounce an otherwise unobtrusive message/display. This is what Abbott was getting at.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                      Your last sentence is wrong...the constitution does give us that right...that is like dying people can't have convictions/opinions
                      let me rephrase.

all people have the right to share their religion.

people don't have the right to tell others they can't share theirs...

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        That " religious interference " he s the only reason this is and has been the greatest society ever created.
                        Not true. Our country has a great society because of the diversity and tolerance usually displayed by the everyday American as well as we enjoy the freedoms so often denounced in some religious interpretations. So in society at least religious interference has some ground to stand on, when it comes to policy and our governance it has no place.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                          I disagree. The left makes policy giving anti-religious groups more leeway to interfere with religious culture in the name of "fairness". It's BS. It'd be one thing if it were to ensure that religion want forced upon anyone, but the left caters to the activist atheist and not only enables but encourages them to encroach on religious freedom under the guise of that same religious freedom being an equal voice to directly denounce an otherwise unobtrusive message/display. This is what Abbott was getting at.
                          The same way religious groups interfere with the actions of taxpaying, law abiding, otherwise "good" citizens. Its an asinine statement to give the left credit for that when its worth noting that 80% of them are either Christian/Catholic. Abbotts point wasn't about religious freedom but the lack there of. He's not free to impose his religion or beliefs on others so he is faced with a message that he doesn't agree with and turns it into some "our religious freedoms are under attack" bs. Its nothing more than political grandstanding that he hopes will give him clout within the Republican base, nothing more.

Comment

The irony here is that IF religion was not taken into account in lawmaking, Abbot could have simply killed the people suing him and wheeled back in the governors mansion.

He didn't impose anything on them. They were granted the right and privilege to put what they wanted there, but they chose to antagonize other religions. That is not right.

Comment

Not true. Our country has a great society because of the diversity and tolerance usually displayed by the everyday American as well as we enjoy the freedoms so often denounced in some religious interpretations. So in society at least religious interference has some ground to stand on, when it comes to policy and our governance it has no place.

People are persecuted all over the world for 1 overwhelming reason. RELIGION. There is not 1 Christian in this country persecuting anyone because of the religious views that person has, and if they are they are not true Christians. This is/was the only refuge, and now we have foundations who's soul purpose in existence is to prevent the practice of religion.

Comment

You need a real history lesson
                                www.wallbuilders.com is where you will find it.
                                There would be no America if The first settelers had not had a deep faith in God
                                And if God had not bless their voyage. The foundi g fathers relied on a deep faith and giudence from prayer to develope the constitution.
                                There in NOTHING unconstitutional about the mention of Christ on public grounds. There is NOTHING unconstitutional about a cross on a police car or fire truck. You may not be a believer ( i have no idea one way or the other ) but your freedome FROM religion is only available bucause God created and blessed this country. Go to a muslim country and speak against their god and see if the freedome exist, i believe you'll find your head seperated from your body

Comment

Working...
                                X