Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Leases on Hwy 67

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leases on Hwy 67

If you've got a lease between I-10 and San Angelo on hwy 67, you need to go check your feeders to make sure they're running! I think every deer in that country was on the highway last night! Saw more than a few muleys and a couple of little muley bucks that hadn't dropped yet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The few times I’ve been on that road I always see a ton of deer as well. Mainly muleys.

Comment

Muleys the first few miles, then nothing but wood goats after that.

Comment

I had a lease up near sterling city, and never saw a mulie, but my uncle had a place in McCamy that was pretty strong on nice mule deer
        We did see some pronghorns every once in awhile

Comment

I'm lost. Hwy 67 doesn't run from I-10 to Angelo. 67 goes east to Brownwood. Where are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
            I'm lost. Hwy 67 doesn't run from I-10 to Angelo. 67 goes east to Brownwood. Where are you talking about?
            Actually, it does. It's exit 273 on I-10, just east of Ft. Stockton. And runs smack dab into San Angelo through Girvin, Rankin, Big Lake, Barnhart, and Mertzon.

Comment

That particular stretch of highway used to be "the lease" back many moons ago, durn game wardens came along and started enforcing laws and stuff. Believe it or not the oilfield traffic has caused a major reduction in the amount of deer on this stretch of road.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                That particular stretch of highway used to be "the lease" back many moons ago, durn game wardens came along and started enforcing laws and stuff. Believe it or not the oilfield traffic has caused a major reduction in the amount of deer on this stretch of road.
                That's crazy, because I didn't go 5 minutes from the time we turned on the hwy without seeing deer.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post

Think way west......

Comment

I'm from McCamey/Rankin area. If you think that's bad drive through here during the rut, you'll more than likely burry one yourself. Even worse when you get around big lake all the way to San Angelo. The amount of deer you'll see dead in that area is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Laner7 View Post
                      I'm from McCamey/Rankin area. If you think that's bad drive through here during the rut, you'll more than likely burry one yourself. Even worse when you get around big lake all the way to San Angelo. The amount of deer you'll see dead in that area is crazy.
                      I was thinking that same thing last night.

Comment

Sounds like 2034 between Water Valley and Robert Lee. A drive on this road at night will certainly have some close calls.

Comment

the worst i've seen was on 55 between sonora and rocksprings. we counted 86 deer in a 50 mile stretch.

Comment

Working...
                          X