Anyone ever tint the windows.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever tint the windows.....

in your blind? I just bought a pretty nice blind it said the windows were tinted ( which they are a little, but you can see inside )

What have y'all done? Regular auto tint?

Changing out windows is not an option, so looking for ideas.

I have a Maverick 6-shooter blind that had the option of tinted windows. I love them. You will lose a few minutes during low light conditions as the sun rises and sets. The deer can't see in at all though on my blind.

Comment

We place a wide diagonal strip of blue painters tape over the window and simply spray them with cheap black paint. Peel tape when dry. Go as wide as you need to span area.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter-1 View Post
        We place a wide diagonal strip of blue painters tape over the window and simply spray them with cheap black paint. Peel tape when dry. Go as wide as you need to span area.
        That would work, but if I want the windows closed during rain or extreme cold then I couldn't see what was out there.

Comment

One ranch I guide for has tinted windows in several of their blinds. I absolutely hate it and would never do it to my own blinds. When the light gets low...the last 20-30 minutes of daylight... I simply can’t see.. It’s pointless, in my opinion.

Comment

I put tinted plexy glass in mind and love it. I can see out just fine but you can’t see in.
            Last edited by Deadfall65; 05-23-2018, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I used fabric(cut up bed sheet) and magnets in most of mine so I can make any size opening i want.

Comment

I have spray painted several top parts of windows, but always leave a clear area to look thru.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  One ranch I guide for has tinted windows in several of their blinds. I absolutely hate it and would never do it to my own blinds. When the light gets low...the last 20-30 minutes of daylight... I simply can’t see.. It’s pointless, in my opinion.
                  I fully understand the last 30 minute deal. My problem is as of right now you can see any and all movement inside my blind. I need a way to cut the light down that is coming in through the ( 6 ) windows. The walls, floors, etc are black, but with the amount of light getting it they may as well be white.

Comment

I have the tinted windows from deerview and love them.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      You can buy spray tint and make it as dark as you want

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rust-Oleu...&wl13=&veh=sem
                      That looks cool, but in the Q&A section of the reviews it says it is not recommended for flat glass such as a window. Don't know what difference it would make, just what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                        I used fabric(cut up bed sheet) and magnets in most of mine so I can make any size opening i want.
                        ^ This....except I buy black fabric at walmart. If the blinds are made of wood I use thumb tacks instead of magnets.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                          ^ This....except I buy black fabric at walmart. If the blinds are made of wood I use thumb tacks instead of magnets.
                          I think I will give this idea a try and see how I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                            I have the tinted windows from deerview and love them.
                            x2 in my gun blinds
                            Last edited by 125Dad; 05-23-2018, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X