Ok here you go Deb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW That arrow looks so cool!
    That splice is also quiet nice, i would also say leave it!

Daniel

Comment

Ok, I think I got it. Well I got it if I can find what I need on my way home this afternoon. Should know something around 6:00 this evening so stay tuned......

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
        Ok, I think I got it. Well I got it if I can find what I need on my way home this afternoon. Should know something around 6:00 this evening so stay tuned......
        Oh, I'm tuned in. Leave the splice. They are so awesome.

Comment

You got it!!!

Also if this works like it is suppose to work, Shana's longhorn is doable also. Once I get yours done I'll try a longhorn on a an orange feather....

Comment

You got it!!!

Also if this works like it is suppose to work, Shana's longhorn is doable also. Once I get yours done I'll try a longhorn on a an orange feather....
            You don't scare easy, do ya?

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
              You don't scare easy, do ya?
              Naw, I never say can't until it is proven I can't.

Comment

You got it!!!

You mean burnt orange don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by fletcherfor2 View Post
                  You mean burnt orange don't you?
                  I'm going to try it on just regular orange first. I'll have to mix up some dye for the burn orange and didn't want to do that until I see out the longhorn turns out.....

Comment

Derek, you are one talented man!

Comment

Derek, hold off on Shana's for right now. She's thinking..

Comment

Derek, hold off on Shana's for right now. She's thinking..
                        Ok. Tell that an A&M arrow would be easier......

Comment

Just a thought and I don't know if it will work. I've used stencils when painting gunstocks. On an area (like checkering) where I'm afraid the paint can seep under the stencil, I use an airbrush and back off the paint flow valve so that it just barely mists the paint. It will dry nearly immediately after hitting the surface and does not tend to bleed under. I agree most water based airbrush paints may not stick, but you might try the new Createx "wicked colors" a try. I just used some yesterday and that stuff sticks. It is basically a water based paint but it supposedly has some very mild solvent that helps it adhere. I know when it dryed, wax and grease remover would not remove it. Lacquer will though. You can get it at Hobby Lobby. Also, I have some star stencils that could be used if you want to give it a try.

Another thought: I have some extra feathers laying around. If you want, I will give it a shot with my airbrush and see if I can get it to turn out. If so, I'll be glad to airbrush some for you to try....for free.

Dave
                          Last edited by berettadave; 05-29-2012, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Ok. Tell that an A&M arrow would be easier......
                            Lol, that is what she is thinking. A fancy splice in A&M colors.

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
                              Just a thought and I don't know if it will work. I've used stencils when painting gunstocks. On an area (like checkering) where I'm afraid the paint can seep under the stencil, I use an airbrush and back off the paint flow valve so that it just barely mists the paint. It will dry nearly immediately after hitting the surface and does not tend to bleed under. I agree most water based airbrush paints may not stick, but you might try the new Createx "wicked colors" a try. I just used some yesterday and that stuff sticks. It is basically a water based paint but it supposedly has some very mild solvent that helps it adhere. I know when it dryed, wax and grease remover would not remove it. Lacquer will though. You can get it at Hobby Lobby. Also, I have some star stencils that could be used if you want to give it a try.

Another thought: I have some extra feathers laying around. If you want, I will give it a shot with my airbrush and see if I can get it to turn out. If so, I'll be glad to airbrush some for you to try....for free.

Dave
                              Thanks, Dave. Expect a call from me some time soon. I have a couple of questions for you.

Comment

Thanks, Dave. Expect a call from me some time soon. I have a couple of questions for you.
                                10-4!

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X