No announcement yet.

DQ at a "fun shoot"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might be better to shoot the round sight unseen with the new equipment instead of the longbow first to get a better idea since on the second round you would've seen the shots, killzones, etc. which could give you the wrong impression and then shoot the longbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      I'm not trying to pick on you RJ, but here goes. I have not even met you yet but you seem like a guy with a good attitude who is still coming to the shoots and is playing by the rule, and, you are the one who posted the quote above. You have an elevated rest I assume. You want another class for people with "elevated rests, stabilizers, bling bling, you name it". But you exclude sights. What happens when a guy with sights gets a feather somewhere and he wants another class for his equipment? Is TBoT supposed to keep adding more classes every time someone wants his stuff to count? Like I said in my original reply to Fastflight 71, If the rule is a bad one then that can be discussed and action taken on the rule.
      I said it jokingly haha. Would I take my TBOT shoots more seriously and attend more of them (and join?) absolutely. If I honestly had a major problem with how things were run I would be joining, voting, and discussing this with the officers. I got told 8 times on saturday by various people that my equipment was illegal. I know this and come anyway. I'm just there to shoot and get better. I am a big believer in the run what you brung mentality and shoot what you shoot and if you get beat well that's not my fault you should just practice more and that's why I'm an ASA member and competitor.

I've said it before in conversations. The best shooter will always be the best shooter no matter what they shoot. I just choose to compete more heavily in ASA than I do in any other org so that' what I'm set up for.

Be nice to meet ya sometime! I've enjoyed shooting with alot of new people and meeting good shooters. I'm not well known and only know a few people in the Trad community to begin with. I like to support archery and especially trad so my few fun rounds I hope go to a good cause.

I have also purchased a new longbow in the making..so watch out.
      Last edited by TraditionalRJ; 04-18-2011, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TraditionalRJ View Post
        I said it jokingly haha. If I honestly had a major problem with how things were run I would be joining, voting, and discussing this with the officers. I got told 8 times on saturday by various people that my equipment was illegal. I know this and come anyway. I'm just there to shoot and get better.

I've said it before in conversations. The best shooter will always be the best shooter no matter what they shoot. I just choose to compete more heavily in ASA than I do in any other org so that' what I'm set up for.

Be nice to meet ya sometime! I've enjoyed shooting with alot of new people and meeting good shooters. I'm not well known and only know a few people in the Trad community to begin with.
        This might be one of the best lines from any thread on the GS concerning this mess. I think this is a big problem. People want to gripe, but do not want to help or be an officer to get what they do not like changed.

I'm sure we will run into one another one of these days at one of the shoots.

Bisch

Comment

Equin, shoot your scoring round first. If you don't someone may say you cheated by shooting a practice round.

Comment

After reading this and thinking to myself both in all these threads and my own response to this. This is what the problem with ASA was and has been. We have some very good trad shooters in ASA and we take all comers but the argument from the traditional community was two fold. They didn't want to shoot because we all competed against each other no matter the equipment. Save sights and string/face walking it was all good. The shoot scores we tend to post are a big turn off and people that preach "we are just here for fun and support of archery" don't come because they say they can't be competitive. I've gotten my *** handed to me for years and I still went and still do. They also didn't want to shoot with compounders....now we have the option of starting early and being done and gone long before that..still no more trad guys. Women wanted their own classes and felt they couldn't compete with the men and I honestly agree with that. Now they have their own class. We have been as accomodating as possible and it doesn't make much difference. I shoot their shoots because the best shooter will be the best shooter. An open class would help TBOT? I have no idea...would it make me take TBOT shoots more serious and bring me and my money out more? Sure. The problem is all the people complained about ASA not having enough classes but when it's mentioned that a class should be considered for those of us that shoot the setups I do we catch hell for it.

It's just fun to watch it all.

Comment

I'm not trying to get into it with you RJ. Like I said, you seem to be one of the few with a good attitude towards all this. As a matter of fact, until the original poster of this thread comes back to make a reply to any of what was said in response to his words, I'm done with it. Fastflight 71 made some bold accusations and insinuations in his original post that I find very offensive and I want to see his reply to what all has been said.

Bye!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by TraditionalRJ View Post
                After reading this and thinking to myself both in all these threads and my own response to this. This is what the problem with ASA was and has been. We have some very good trad shooters in ASA and we take all comers but the argument from the traditional community was two fold. They didn't want to shoot because we all competed against each other no matter the equipment. Save sights and string/face walking it was all good. The shoot scores we tend to post are a big turn off and people that preach "we are just here for fun and support of archery" don't come because they say they can't be competitive. I've gotten my *** handed to me for years and I still went and still do. They also didn't want to shoot with compounders....now we have the option of starting early and being done and gone long before that..still no more trad guys. Women wanted their own classes and felt they couldn't compete with the men and I honestly agree with that. Now they have their own class. We have been as accomodating as possible and it doesn't make much difference. I shoot their shoots because the best shooter will be the best shooter. An open class would help TBOT? I have no idea...would it make me take TBOT shoots more serious and bring me and my money out more? Sure. The problem is all the people complained about ASA not having enough classes but when it's mentioned that a class should be considered for those of us that shoot the setups I do we catch hell for it.

It's just fun to watch it all.
                WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You gots ballz Brother,

and

Amazing isn't it.
                The very things folks complain about not being present in someone else playground, they refuse to have in their own.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  I'm not trying to get into it with you RJ. Like I said, you seem to be one of the few with a good attitude towards all this. As a matter of fact, until the original poster of this thread comes back to make a reply to any of what was said in response to his words, I'm done with it. Fastflight 71 made some bold accusations and insinuations in his original post that I find very offensive and I want to see his reply to what all has been said.

Bye!

Bisch
                  It dosen't seem like he is going to tell us.

Comment

For those interested, the DQ blizzard of the month is caramel toffee cookie!

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                      For those interested, the DQ blizzard of the month is caramel toffee cookie!

Can you get that with a glass of whine??? I have been the center of a contraversy and that hot seat aint no fun. It tends to burn my arse just like the original poster is doing to me now.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                        Equin, shoot your scoring round first. If you don't someone may say you cheated by shooting a practice round.
                        Ah, good point! Very good idea, thanks for the tip!

Comment

Lol, Shay, I don't know about that. In my opinion, if this gentleman has the brass to make such a post he has the brass to back it up.
                          Still waiting Deb.No brass yet!

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
                            Can you get that with a glass of whine??? I have been the center of a contraversy and that hot seat aint no fun. It tends to burn my arse just like the original poster is doing to me now.
                            Well i don't see why not!

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
                              Still waiting Deb.No brass yet!
                              Nope, not yet. Poor guy. Now everybody is gonna think he's bald. Seriously. Fastflight, I don't mean to pick on you, but you can't post something like that and then dissappear. If you have doubts about someone's score and have evidence to back it up, contact TBoT. It dosen't belong here anyway.

Comment

Nope, not yet. Poor guy. Now everybody is gonna think he's bald. Seriously. Fastflight, I don't mean to pick on you, but you can't post something like that and then dissappear. If you have doubts about someone's score and have evidence to back it up, contact TBoT. It dosen't belong here anyway.
                                the term seagull comes to mind.... i never would have thought that the trad people had so much controversy going on...

Comment

Working...
                                X