No announcement yet.

Who is going Pheasant Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my deposit in just under the wire. I will be going. I can't hit a deer sized target either, but maybe I'll get lucky and stick a bird. I want to go just to hunt with everyone I know is going. It should be a blast.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing you Steve. There is still time...deadline extended to the 16th of Jan.

Who's flu flu will connect with the bird? Will it be...SmilingGene formerly known as meangene, The Bishman, Chunky, Froghunter, Biggen, Bowtechlady,Ronne or Texas5o?

Lots of tough opponents but no one tougher than....the Pheasant!

This is going to be a blast and I cannot wait to watch the action! Release the birds and let the arrows land where they may.
      Last edited by axisbuck24; 01-11-2011, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Oh, man, this sounds so cool. I so want to go. Not in the budget for us. I'll bet Bisch does alright. I wouldn't bet against Mellowgene and Chunky, either.

Comment

Having shot a few and shot at MANY, I know that this will come down to pure luck. Any one arrow that finds the mark, might be difference.

This is more about fun than shooting birds anyway. We have a great group so far, and maybe others will join in.

I do hope to at least shoot well enough not to embarass myself.

Comment

for the guys that have done this before, how many arrows should i bring? Also where will the camping take place, on the ranch or do i need to make arangements with a local campgroud?

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
              for the guys that have done this before, how many arrows should i bring? Also where will the camping take place, on the ranch or do i need to make arangements with a local campgroud?
              Froghunter,
              Contact Brian at texasreddogs@att.net regards the camping arrangements.

Comment

I sure hope it warms up just a little bit between now and then. I don't mind hunting in the cold, but sleeping in a pop-up in the cold might be a bit trying.
                I am soooo looking forward to this!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas5o View Post
                  I sure hope it warms up just a little bit between now and then. I don't mind hunting in the cold, but sleeping in a pop-up in the cold might be a bit trying.
                  I am soooo looking forward to this!
                  Steve,
                  Brian just posted this today:

I've worked out a deal with the preserve owner for overnight accomodations, IF...you don't mind bringing your own cot or air mattress and sleeping bag. There is a restroom, but no shower. It's a nice clean place with a couple of couches, TV and fireplace. We'll still have to go to town for food, but you'd have to go out to eat if you were in a hotel anyway. If we want, we can bring steaks and cook on the grill... He said he'd charge $20/night per person. Please keep in mind, this is just a big room and everyone would be snoring/sleeping (and other bodily functions) in the same room. We can accomodate 10-12 folks. I think it would be fun, but I'm an old country boy. Let me know if you want to take advantage of this opportunity.

I'll be sending directions and other general information the week before the hunt. If you have questions, please feel free to call me 817.368.3337.

I'm looking forward to this!

Brian

Comment

im in for 20$, cant beat that and im gona bring a coupla buffalo steaks.

Comment

Got my flu-flu's, I'm ready.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fluflu.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	23970265

Bountyhunter has mad skills!

Comment

Thanks biggen! I sure hope they bring you some luck and some downed birds!

Comment

Let the games begin!!!

Comment

sweet arrows!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Got my flu flu's--now, should I use a judo or what?? What are y'all going to use?

Comment

Pheasants are hardy birds! When I have hunted them I have used broadheads. Use any old heads that you can still sharpen and have fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X