Permethrin for ticks- CDC study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permethrin for ticks- CDC study

This really works for keeping ticks off your clothes and crawling on to your skin.

The CDC study agrees all species get ‘hot foot’ and fall off. I spray then let dry hunting clothes and boots a couple times a year.

I don’t remember a tick on me when wearing those garments. I buy on amazon from Sawyer, you can make it from concentrate cheaper but a quart Sawyer bottle treats lots of hunting clothes.

A new CDC-led study published today in the Journal of Medical Entomology suggests it might be a great time to invest in a new fashion trend: bug spray-laced clothing. The study found that clothing treated with permethrin was able to stop several species of disease-causing ticks in their tracks, either paralyzing them…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spray my boots and clothes down as well. I freaking hate ticks!

Comment

Yep been using Sawyer for years. I know I can mix my own cheaper but I like the ease of stopping in the Sporting Goods store and buying a bottle when needed.

Comment

I prefer Repel but will use Sawyer if I can't find my first choice. I have been using it for years on boots and clothes and don't have a problem with ticks anymore.

Comment

Where is the best place to buy it? I need to put this to the test at my place. I stop every 30 mins when working to pull ticks off.

Comment

Ticks and chiggers seem bad this year. That stuff works for sure.

Comment

Agreed Bill! Our first trip this spring to our new lease property got us all covered in ticks and chiggers... I bought a spray can of Sawyer's and sprayed down my work clothes and Chips for the next trip... didn't get a single tick or chigger. Great stuff! I ordered a couple spray bottles and a quart of concentrate off Amazon to treat all my clothes with for ranch trips this year!

Comment

It works! Love it

Comment

I got some permethryrin SFR for the house wonder is this OK

Comment

Yep been using Sawyer's for years and never have a tick on me and never get eaten up by chiggers either. I usually buy mine at Academy.

Comment

Yep just picked some up at academy last weekend.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Been using Sawyers for years and it will last through several washings. The last couple of years I've been mixing my own from Tractor Supply, it's a lot cheaper this way and I just use my old Sawyer bottles to mix it in.

Comment

Sawyer is the one I use also. Down on the KiNG Ranch last week it is mandatory!!! Great Product!!!

Comment

I buy it on amazon. A quart bottle will last a long time, I’ve never seen the need to buy concentrate and dilute for a few hunting garments.

$15 for 24 oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I mix my own permethrin brew and use a few gallons of it a year. So far, so good. I was in Tennessee during turkey season and the ticks were out of control. I spray my boots, socks, shirts, pants, hats, backpack, turkey vest, chair and the ground in my blinds.

I HATE TICKS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X