Rain Wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain Wear

I went to Cabela's today to look at some rain wear gear.

The Gortex products were really nice, but out of my price range, wow, that stuff is expensive.

They had another product on mark down, Herters, I have never heard of this and was curios if any one had any input.

I got a Herters jacket and pants. Have worn them many times in light rain and once in a solid downpour and was very pleased with staying dry. It a not very breathable, but for what it is, I'm pleased

Comment

I use the Kuiu Chugash Rain Suit. it works!

Comment

Watershed rain wear is great but costly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is not cheap, but I have been using the Bass Pro rain gear for well over a decade. The 100mph gear and pro qualifier sets are fantastic. The best part of going this route is the warranty. Had no problems getting a new replacement for a broken buckle on the bibs, torn inner liner, worn out zipper... Not so great for hunting due to noise, but have had them out fishing where we were getting ice forming on the line. Only thing that ever got wet or cold was my hands and face.

Comment

I've been using the Cabela's Rain Suede. Have both the parka and bibs. It's great with light vest on under neigh in cooler temps. And great when it's warmer out too. Also cuts cold wind well. Packs into it's self with belt loops on the outside. Very well thought out product in construction and keeping you dry. Very happy here.

Comment

I’ve got the Slumberjack Windage pants and jacket on order. I’ve always used less expensive rain gear, but I needed something more durable and reliable for mountain hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Neuse View Post
                I went to Cabela's today to look at some rain wear gear.

The Gortex products were really nice, but out of my price range, wow, that stuff is expensive.

They had another product on mark down, Herters, I have never heard of this and was curios if any one had any input.
                Looks for sales on Columbia outdry extreme

Comment

Quality rain gear is expensive but well worth the money IMO. I had that revalation while hunting in a downpour while wearing FroggToggs. They had always kept me dry in light to moderate rain but I got soaked to the skin in heavy rain. It was really cold and I did not see my nuts again for two days. not long after that I bit the bullet and bought the good stuff. In the mountains it could save your life

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    Quality rain gear is expensive but well worth the money IMO. I had that revalation while hunting in a downpour while wearing FroggToggs. They had always kept me dry in light to moderate rain but I got soaked to the skin in heavy rain. It was really cold and I did not see my nuts again for two days. not long after that I bit the bullet and bought the good stuff. In the mountains it could save your life
                    I had the opposite with frog tongs. I hunted in 3 days of biblical rain! With a 15 minute boat ride to start it off every day and stayed dry other than my cuffs but stayed warm enough to hunt and killed a nice 8 too (temp was in upper 30's-low 40's)

Would have needed more under layers or better outerwear much colder though

Comment

Gortex is expensive but worth it and will last. My hunting pants and jacket are Cabela's brand gortex thinsulate and 15 yrs later they still keep me dry and warm. I also have an uninsulated setup that is going on 10 yrs old.

Comment

Working...
                      X