• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killing a Nilgai is work. Heath is the shooter. Bring a sharp knife

Comment

Got this off Facebook

Attention Hunters:
      Due to the overwhelming interest in the April Emergency Exotic Hunts, we have changed the permit selection process. To prevent dangerous overcrowding, potential conflict, and traffic hazards, the Laguna Atascosa NWR is NOT allocating hunt permits on a “first-come-first-serve” basis. The April hunt permits will be allocated through a local lottery. To apply and qualify for a permit, interested hunters or their proxy must drop off applications (in person) between 8 am and 11 am on March 5th, 2018. No applications will be accepted through the mail, fax, or email. Applicants can choose to wait for the drawing which will take place at 11:30 am at the Refuge Headquarters. Although, applicants WILL NOT be required to be present for the drawing to receive a permit, selected hunters will be required to pay for their permit (by cash only) by 3 pm (CST) on Wednesday, March 7th, 2018. Thank you for your interest in Laguna Atascosa NWR big game hunts, please spread the word about this important change, and call 956-748-3607 x105 with concerns or questions.
      Last edited by SneakyPhil; 02-23-2018, 09:23 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
        Got this off Facebook

Attention Hunters:
        Due to the overwhelming interest in the April Emergency Exotic Hunts, we have changed the permit selection process. To prevent dangerous overcrowding, potential conflict, and traffic hazards, the Laguna Atascosa NWR is NOT allocating hunt permits on a “first-come-first-serve” basis. The April hunt permits will be allocated through a local lottery. To apply and qualify for a permit, interested hunters or their proxy must drop off applications (in person) between 8 am and 11 am on March 5th, 2018. No applications will be accepted through the mail, fax, or email. Applicants can choose to wait for the drawing which will take place at 11:30 am at the Refuge Headquarters. Although, applicants WILL NOT be required to be present for the drawing to receive a permit, selected hunters will be required to pay for their permit (by cash only) by 3 pm (CST) on Wednesday, March 7th, 2018. Thank you for your interest in Laguna Atascosa NWR big game hunts, please spread the word about this important change, and call 956-748-3607 x105 with concerns or questions.
        Let the brother-in-lawing begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Towboater View Post
          Let the brother-in-lawing begin.
          Yep lol. Mind helping me out

Comment

anyone care to be my proxy ? can help with gas money.

never been Nilgai hunting. would be interesting.

Comment

I'll definitely pay someone to proxy for me

Comment

Where do we get the application?

Comment

It will be online tomorrow or Monday at the latest is what I was told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I already blocked the day out to make the drive down to pick up a permit. Now that it is a draw, I’m not sure if it will be worth the drive. Every “proxy” will be carrying 20 applications. It will be interesting to see if they draw applications individually or in proxy groups.

Comment

Just educated WAG, but I would think they will draw individually.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                        Just educated WAG, but I would think they will draw individually.
                        Yep I am kinda POed as I was told by this guy that whole proxy group
                        Would need to be drawn to have a assistant help on a handicapped hunt

Marion Mason, Visitor Services Ranger
                        Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge
                        Mailing: 22817 Ocelot Rd.
                        Physical: 22688 Buena Vista Blvd.
                        Los Fresnos, TX 78566
                        956-748-3607 ext. 119
                        956-245-1101 work cell

I hope everyone has luck in getting drawn and hunting

I never was extremely optimistic that the permits would be available to anyone willing to help a handicapped person! Now the odds are really stacked against them
                        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 02-23-2018, 08:52 PM.

Comment

think i would elevate the question to higher ups about that.

Comment

In the comments of the FB post thy said only one application per person could be turned in and it could have up to 3 people listed on it.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                              In the comments of the FB post thy said only one application per person could be turned in and it could have up to 3 people listed on it.

Say I have a group of three.. could we each list the others and have 3x the chances of getting drawn?

Comment

This will help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X