Changing arrow spine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing arrow spine?

Recently got a new to me bow, 2017 Bowtech Prodigy. Got a few questions, currently its set right at 60# with 30.5" draw, bow rated up to 70#. Right now, drawing the bow isn't an issue. However, im noticing some performance issues when I start to shoot past 35 yards. Noticing the arrow arrow has a bit of a wobble, so assuming thats a spine issue. Currently shooting GoldTip Hunter XT .340 with 100gr tip cut right at 29.5. So not sure if I should crank draw weight up 3-4# and change arrows, or try and just change the arrow?

Never hurts to get a stiffer arrow. It could just be out of tune as well, shoot through paper

Comment

Sounds like more of a bow setup issue as the spine would seem to be correct, I'd suggest a tune, CCR or others.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        Sounds like more of a bow setup issue as the spine would seem to be correct, I'd suggest a tune, CCR or others.
        I would have to agree here but stiffer spine will never hurt. you are probably near the top end of the 340 window

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
          I would have to agree here but stiffer spine will never hurt. you are probably near the top end of the 340 window
          So went and picked up some 300s and it was the spine, i was right on the edge of 340 and now im shooting dead on

Comment

Originally posted by bradleymccaw View Post
            So went and picked up some 300s and it was the spine, i was right on the edge of 340 and now im shooting dead on

Good deal! Always a good feeling when you figure something out especially when tuning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X