Albert and Bessie Kronkosky gun deer either sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Albert and Bessie Kronkosky gun deer either sex

Well I got notified I was drawn for Albert and Bessie Kronkosky hunt for November. My son also was drawn for the youth hunt in December. I guess I can use my time as a scouting trip for him. Has anyone hunted this gun deer either sex??

I don't know how much scouting you can do. Each location has a stand and a feeder, and you draw for the locations. The year I hunted it was for Gun Deer Either Sex and they removed any bucks taken because the park ranger only wanted does removed. I hunted about 6 hours straight on Friday, and 13hrs straight on Saturday and saw one small 6pt buck. I didn't hunt on Sunday because I had to be somewhere. This was the first year they were open for hunts. Hopefully it has gotten better. There were several does & hogs taken off that year.

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
      I don't know how much scouting you can do. Each location has a stand and a feeder, and you draw for the locations. The year I hunted it was for Gun Deer Either Sex and they removed any bucks taken because the park ranger only wanted does removed. I hunted about 6 hours straight on Friday, and 13hrs straight on Saturday and saw one small 6pt buck. I didn't hunt on Sunday because I had to be somewhere. This was the first year they were open for hunts. Hopefully it has gotten better. There were several does & hogs taken off that year.
      One thing for this year is you can shoot a buck so maybe they've achieved their management levels they wanted. I hope i'll see something to add to the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
        That sucks that you couldn’t shoot a buck on a GDE hunt. I would have been ******.

Comment

Did 4 sits last year only saw 3 deer one of them went one with me small doe. Wife didn't even see a pig I was the only person to see deer that hunt

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
            Did 4 sits last year only saw 3 deer one of them went one with me small doe. Wife didn't even see a pig I was the only person to see deer that hunt
            Wow that doesn't sound to promising. I guess I shouldn't be to picky on what to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
              Did you try any rattling?

Comment

Could not shoot bucks only does. But I will say the deer know right where the blinds are and when you are in them I had a hlle of a time getting my rifle out of the window took about 5 mins and they almost made it back to the brush.

Comment

Working...
                X