No announcement yet.

My morning traditional shot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good shooting Bob. I was teaching my wife and her sister to shoot my longbow last night. My wife's shot made it about 20' and her sister hit the deck railing 2' in front of her. I should get some lightweight bows back in my arsenal. They said it looked like fun but couldn't draw my bow back more than a couple inches. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      Awesome practice session! Hope you paint some of those arrows red this season.
      So do I bro, I have a hunt scheduled to my friends West Texas ranch second week of Oct, I ways get a good buck out there. Hope I get the chance to draw back on one.

I practice every monring while it's cool. I don't feel right unless I chunk at least 100 arrows a day, from various positions.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
        Good shooting Bob. I was teaching my wife and her sister to shoot my longbow last night. My wife's shot made it about 20' and her sister hit the deck railing 2' in front of her. I should get some lightweight bows back in my arsenal. They said it looked like fun but couldn't draw my bow back more than a couple inches. lol
        Daniel I have a recurve I made about 8 years ago and it's about 25#@28. I have started a lot of kids and girls with that bow. I have one Grandson six years old that is shooting a long bow I made for the real young ones. I bet it's barely 10#.. I've never scaled it.

You can get some cheap light bow on ebay; for almost next to nothing. Good enough to get someone interest it.
        Brother I can't count the number of people that I started in archery, lots in the last 57 years. It's so dad gum addicting and I can't image not doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
          Don't tell anybody I said this, but I bought a $96 Chinese recurve from Amazon, and I love it.
          Like a horsebow? I've seen some of those Chinese bows that should be fun to shoot a lot of them are pretty short.

Comment

No, it's a modern take down recurve, but it's made in China. That's why it was so cheap. Here's the one I got:

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
              No, it's a modern take down recurve, but it's made in China. That's why it was so cheap. Here's the one I got:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QY1YMTG/
              We all know why they can produce things so much cheaper than us. I'd buy one. At the end of the day it's where that sharp pointy object lands consistently.

I have a secrete too I own a Sammick Sage because it was a good deal I've been letting my 17 year old grandson shoot it but I think it's still to much for him it's 50#@28 he releases the shot too soon telling me it's hard to hold long enough to get a good consistent sight window. So I'm letting him practice on a 40# Herters target bow. Like all these years bro, talent and beauty is in the hands of the bow holder!

Comment

Thats awesome. I have one of my kids old rubber ducky that I fixed to the target that is my new bullseye!

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
                  I love shooting objects, these are all trick shots, the trick was trying to miss the other arrows :P... Shooting my 1970 Herters cv17 international match hunter 50#@28". I start off every morning with about 100 arrow, unless it's raining. About 20 yards. Douglas Fir arrows with 165gn points. I hunt with Grizzly 150gn broadheads, 2 3/4 long 1"wide.

[ATTACH]1019822[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1019823[/ATTACH]
                  Good shooting!

One time, yes one time, I shot a red wire nut out of a dish washer box full of plaistic. Mom got the dish washer for a gift and I commandeered the box for a target. I was an electrician at the time, so I had plenty of wire nuts. I then proceed to knock the nock off of that arrow and split the fletching on that arrow. Have never duplicated that again. Have split many nocks, but not in succession like that.

I've kinda been keeping my eye out for an old Herters Sitka Magnum....at a reasonable price and low poundage.

One of their Utopian Takedowns might be nice also.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                    Good shooting!

One time, yes one time, I shot a red wire nut out of a dish washer box full of plaistic. Mom got the dish washer for a gift and I commandeered the box for a target. I was an electrician at the time, so I had plenty of wire nuts. I then proceed to knock the nock off of that arrow and split the fletching on that arrow. Have never duplicated that again. Have split many nocks, but not in succession like that.

I've kinda been keeping my eye out for an old Herters Sitka Magnum....at a reasonable price and low poundage.

One of their Utopian Takedowns might be nice also.
                    I saw a Herters Sitka on Ebay for $ 1,100.00, that one was 46" 50#.. I'm not sure how well I could sling arrows with a 46" bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
                      I saw a Herters Sitka on Ebay for $ 1,100.00, that one was 46" 50#.. I'm not sure how well I could sling arrows with a 46" bow.
                      My old sitka magnum was 58".
                      I have an old Bear Kodiak Magnum, 52" and even with my short(26") draw, had plenty finger pinch. That's what I shot the story above with.

Comment

Nice grouping! I

Comment

Originally posted by Brewsky Dan View Post
                          Nice grouping! I
                          Like that screen name.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                            X