Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Speed Rail - Interesting Article

A friend sent this to me.

If true this really rubs me the wrong way.

It's shame that Texas would let this happen.

http://montgomerycountypolicereporte...mNre_lNDW3R2e0

Read that this morning as well. Got some family friends that own some land they are wanting to run this train through. The whole thing from the beginning has been sketchy.

Comment

The people of Texas, have been trying to kill this boondoggle
      for twenty years..... And politicians, (rick perry) the worst of'em,
      just keep trying, to shove it down our throats...…………
      This will turn in to, another taxpayer supported black hole...….
      Can you say "Amcrap" texas style...………
      Besides, I just don't know why, you want to leave one crap hole
      city...… Only to get to another crap hole city any faster...………………..

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
        The people of Texas, have been trying to kill this boondoggle
        for twenty years..... And politicians, (rick perry) the worst of'em,
        just keep trying, to shove it down our throats...…………
        This will turn in to, another taxpayer supported black hole...….
        Can you say "Amcrap" texas style...………
        Besides, I just don't know why, you want to leave one crap hole
        city...… Only to get to another crap hole city any faster...………………..
        Only about a 99% chance of this.

So much money all the corrupt people can make off taxpayers...it's sick!

It will be exactly like light rail in Austin. We vote it down again and again and again..They keep on lying more and more and more.. Then the second it passes by 1 vote they scream, The people have voted! and they want light rail!

Then the money pit begins. 2x, 3x budget and every piece of "data" they crammed down people's throats to get it to pass slowly but surely is proven false.

Comment

I believe there is a good legal case to turn this down if this is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Only about a 99% chance of this.

So much money all the corrupt people can make off taxpayers...it's sick!

It will be exactly like light rail in Austin. We vote it down again and again and again..They keep on lying more and more and more.. Then the second it passes by 1 vote they scream, The people have voted! and they want light rail!

Then the money pit begins. 2x, 3x budget and every piece of "data" they crammed down people's throats to get it to pass slowly but surely is proven false.
            We could never get away with what these government officials/contractors get away with on the private side! Its truly criminal some of the crap they do.

No judgement or opinion on this HSR project or the cronies involved in the development. I like the concept of HSR here but I am not familiar with the details of this project. HSR in other countries works great and I think could be beneficial to a state like Texas where the cost to install is lower than other places with more severe climates or geographical limitations like mountains. If you ever get the chance to take the rail from Hamburg to Berlin, do it! It is hands down one of the prettiest countrysides you will see and the Hamburg rail station is absolutely beautiful.

They describe it as "land options" in the article which would suggest that the devco has not yet exercised their option on the land. If that is the case, using the land to collateralize a loan is extremely common and doesn't really raise a red flag. The loan issuance would be contingent on permits and a firm price for construction and issuing full notice to proceed. Prior to that, the land is just pledged which is not binding typically. I would be very surprised if the devco used the land in some way to fund the initial development efforts for several reasons.

Comment

Working...
            X