No announcement yet.

Oran Hills Outfitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahahahhahahaha,You guys hit this one on the head!
    Last year I went on a turkey hunt on his ranch south of Mason.A LOOOOT of turkey.Every way we turned we heard them.We did not get one but I put my rookie buddy right on one(8-10 yards) and he missed with my 30-30.We saw alot of hogs also.He told me i could bring my wife and she could hog hunt for free since i brought such a large group.She shot about a 20 lb hog obn the last night of the hunt.Well my .300 win mag blew the little guy right in half.So we threw it off in the brush since there wasnt anything left to eat on it.
    He began to tell my wife how unethical of a hunter she was for letting me leave it out there.I told him it wasnt her decision and wanted to know why on the phone he told me that their were sooo many hogs that they shoot em and leave em lay?But when a paid hunter does it they are "unethical".LOL what a jack ***.We pay him $1500 for 2 1/2 days and did not kill a turkey and he bashes my wife?!?!?!
    So his grandson(stephen) told me to make up for his grandad's comments he would give us "the good guy deal" on a bow hunt in Burnet.We did not see many deer and the "guide" Kevin was a complete @SS.
    I will NOT be returning to a OranHill hunt again!Although I can NOT complain about the amount of game on either place.Oran is too old to be told he needs to work on his people skillz!!!And on top of it all,He told me on the phone to NOT bring any food for the first night because he was going to have food for everyone and he FORGOT it.Get this,he said "I guess the cows ate it of the table when i came to meet you guys at the gate".Hahahaha
    Whomever said he needs to retire is right on! ! ! !

Comment

I went to his place in december of 2004. Oran was super nice and so was his yankee chemical engineer guide. the cabin was haunted no joke. i saw an apparition of a little girl the first night and then the bathroom door would constantly open. the hunting sucked we stayed 4 nights and saw one deer. Oran gave us one night free though. He did not have a lot of personality but he was not as bad to us as he has been others. He did drive us to his shepard county ranch and told us one time he drove a guy to a stand and the guy made fun of his toyota so he never came back and picked him up. lol Everytime I drive past his ranch on my way to my lease in mason i think about the worst hunt i have ever been on in my life.

Comment

The best thing about Oran was that cute little young snaggle toothed squaw of his. She cooked the best fresh peach cobbler in a dutch kettle on the campfire that I have ever eaten. We didn't see anything to shoot at though!

Comment

This is halarious. The stories are always great from people who have hunted at Oran Hill' place. Keep them coming!! I liked the one about the ghost in the house. It is too bad that hunters are still drawn in to the place. He should not be allowed to advertise.

Comment

I wish I would have found all this stuff before hunting there in 2007! Man, that guy is crazy! The ranch is overhunted, the food is slop and all he cares about is getting your money. Steven, the guide and Oran's grandson is pretty nice but that's the only positive thing about that place....Stay Away!!!!

Comment

I thought I was the only one

I also had a terrible experience with Oran Hill. He is the RUDEST person I ever met. And he treats clients/hunters like DIRT. The Ranch off of 2484 ( around Killeen) is very over hunted.

Comment

We hunted his Burnett ranch back in 93 I think, it was $50.00 a day and if you gave him $300.00 for the season you could hunt 10 days and do 5 two day weekens. It was not a bad price. But like someone said the deer were string jumpers and very shy. All the deer we were small and our group only got one deer and missed several.

Is he still around?

Comment

This thread is almost 7 years old...

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                    This thread is almost 7 years old...
                    And you point is??

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodtracy View Post
                      And you point is??
                      And his outfit STILL sux hind tit!!!

Comment

Anything new?

Comment

Originally posted by big papa View Post
                          Anything new?
                          Me and 6 or 7 buddies go every year and always have a good time

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                            Me and 6 or 7 buddies go every year and always have a good time
                            So I am guessing that it's not shot out?

Comment

This thread was started in 2006 and Oran's place still has problems.

How much does he charge to hunt the Brunet place now? It was $50 a day
                              years ago.

Comment

this thread is hilarious. Sounds like a great place to site the rifle for the weekend. Could some post a pic of Oran smiling with cash in hand?

Comment

Working...
                                X