Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-14-2018, 08:19 AM   #1
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas
Default UTV's... comparisons, good bad ugly

In market for new UTV.. (4 seater with bed)
I've used/driven TOL Polaris Rangers and Kawasaki Mules over the year over pretty harsh environments.. and liked them both.. but preferred the Mule for how much better built it seemed to be.. definitely quieter...comparable suspension and more power.

But I find myself looking at the John Deere Gators...
How do these things compare to the power, suspension, dependability of the ranger/mules?
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 08:22 AM   #2
bbqfan5909
Ten Point

Kawasaki mule pro fxt all day long, cant beat the 3 year warranty.
bbqfan5909 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 09:01 AM   #3
BigCountry101
Four Point

My FIL bought a new 4 seat gator back in 2014ish. It looked sharp and was comfortable riding, just around the ranch. HOWEVER - it was in the shop multiple times during first 6 months for warranty work. I don't remember what exactly the issue was, something with engine that took multiple visits and over a month to fix... He died and the gator was auctioned off before we could determine if it was really fixed or not. Either way, based on that experience I wouldn't get a gator if I was in the market. Of course, things could have changed a lot during the last few years.

I would avoid rangers - I just put a 2K engine in my 2015 ranger. Drive shafts are loose, bearings need replaced, list goes on... Guy I bought it from must have been rough on it, but I still can't see how pretty much every component went to hell in less than 2 years. Meanwhile my Dad's 15 year Kawasaki with over 3k hours is going strong and never had any major issues.
BigCountry101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 09:02 AM   #4
Walding1989
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall county

check out the Kubota RTV X series if you want a diesel machine. Kubota is also coming out with a new gas line this year or they may have actually released them already.
Walding1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 09:05 AM   #5
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walding1989 View Post
check out the Kubota RTV X series if you want a diesel machine. Kubota is also coming out with a new gas line this year or they may have actually released them already.
Whats the ride like on the kubotas? comparable to the mule/ranger?
price points near the same too?
Old 03-14-2018, 09:09 AM   #6
BBReezen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Motley, Cottle, Tyler, Jasper counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
Kawasaki mule pro fxt all day long, cant beat the 3 year warranty.
These seem to be getting a lot of votes in recent years. I briefly looked at the gators in 2015 when I bought my ranger. But I never actually drove or put my hands on one. From what I heard, they're decent machines but won't win any races. My decision came down to price for the most part, so I know the Mule was out of the question. That may have been what turned me away from the JD also, I really can't remember. But I kick my self a lot for being cheap and going with the 570 ranger without even considering the 900. If you are gonna use it a lot for hunting and work especially with a crew, don't get the 570 ranger. Unless they have made some changes recently, it's loud and could use some more power if you load it down IMO (and that's with a 2 seater).
BBReezen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 09:10 AM   #7
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

If you don't have to have the 4 seats all the time, you need to go look at the Honda Pioneer 1000-5. It is a legitimate 5 person UTV that rides like a dream, will run 60 mph and have pedal left, 3 different drive modes in the 6 speed automatic transmission, and auto load leveling system that allows you to haul some serious weight in the tilt bed... and as far as dependability.... well it's a HONDA...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 09:13 AM   #8
BBReezen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Motley, Cottle, Tyler, Jasper counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry101 View Post
My FIL bought a new 4 seat gator back in 2014ish. It looked sharp and was comfortable riding, just around the ranch. HOWEVER - it was in the shop multiple times during first 6 months for warranty work. I don't remember what exactly the issue was, something with engine that took multiple visits and over a month to fix... He died and the gator was auctioned off before we could determine if it was really fixed or not. Either way, based on that experience I wouldn't get a gator if I was in the market. Of course, things could have changed a lot during the last few years.

I would avoid rangers - I just put a 2K engine in my 2015 ranger. Drive shafts are loose, bearings need replaced, list goes on... Guy I bought it from must have been rough on it, but I still can't see how pretty much every component went to hell in less than 2 years. Meanwhile my Dad's 15 year Kawasaki with over 3k hours is going strong and never had any major issues.
Wow, he must have been rough on it. That's a lot of work. I'm not easy on mine, but it's still in good mechanical shape. Only needs a steering boot, but I keep it greased really good and try to service it regularly. I looked the other day and it has around 350 hours and about 2300 miles on it just for reference.
BBReezen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 09:14 AM   #9
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
If you don't have to have the 4 seats all the time, you need to go look at the Honda Pioneer 1000-5. It is a legitimate 5 person UTV that rides like a dream, will run 60 mph and have pedal left, 3 different drive modes in the 6 speed automatic transmission, and auto load leveling system that allows you to haul some serious weight in the tilt bed... and as far as dependability.... well it's a HONDA...
I'm an old motocrosser who bought new bikes every year.. so when you say Honda, my accountant can be heard screaming not again....
whats the price point comparitively..
right now for a 4-5 seaters with decent power (mid to high end models), it seems to be JD at the low end, and kaw at the high end..with polaris a close second... Honda a new number 1?
Old 03-14-2018, 09:16 AM   #10
Walding1989
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall county

The RTV X series rides well and the machines are heavy duty built. The diesels are slow but have a lot of power.
Walding1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 09:26 AM   #11
Alemana
Spike

Hunt In: Benavides

I have a Gator goin on 4 years. No problems at all. Only had to do regular maintenance. It has not gotten stuck, it has pulled full sizes trucks when they have broken down and it tows #2000 worth of feed on a regular basis
Alemana is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 09:43 AM   #12
rjet
Pope & Young

Can Am defenders are pretty dang nice all around. You pay a bit more though.
Do yourself a favor and test ride one after you have tried all the others.
rjet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 09:59 AM   #13
blntrey3
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Val Verde County, Loma Alta

I have 2 Polaris Ranger 900s, a Single Seater (Bench Seat) and A Dual Seater (Console front, bench back, seats 5 plus the High Rack)

I have Never had either one in the shop and have put them through some harsh work (Loading and Pulling)

I have multiple friends with Ranger with no issues. I am sure there are bad apples out there but for speed, payload and ride Ranger wins 1000000%
blntrey3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 10:06 AM   #14
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

The price point on the Honda is pretty much the dame as the Ranger. Maneuverability is another BIG advantage of the Pioneer 1000-5... It's turning radius will turn inside all the other 2 seaters... Mine is box stock standard except the custom aluminum top, front end replacement bumper, and aluminum front basket(Big Country Outdoors). Much better suspension than the Rangers... Rangers is all I really can compare it to because most of my hunting mates run Rangers... They're makin' noises about bumping up to the Honda now too...
Name:  Pioneer-1000-002.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  170.9 KB

Name:  Pioneer-1000-003.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  145.6 KB

Name:  Pioneer-1000-004.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  157.8 KB

This is my 700-4 but it shows the seat configuration in the back. The 1000 is just like it only bigger.
Name:  IMG_4201.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  109.1 KB
Old 03-14-2018, 10:06 AM   #15
30-30
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hopkins County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemana View Post
I have a Gator goin on 4 years. No problems at all. Only had to do regular maintenance. It has not gotten stuck, it has pulled full sizes trucks when they have broken down and it tows #2000 worth of feed on a regular basis
Very similar experience with our company Gator 825i crossover. 2014 model. It handles weight and harsh terrain like I wouldnít have believed beforehand. We use it (heavily) almost daily and havenít had any problems.
30-30 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 10:07 AM   #16
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

If you want to come out to the house some afternoon (now that it don't get dark before we can get home) you can take it for a spin and check it out.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:13 AM   #17
BigCohiba
Six Point

Hunt In: Angelina County

I just bought a Mule PRO FXT. Too soon to give any kind of review but I can tell you it rides like a Cadillac and seems to have plenty of grunt. The 3 year warranty speaks volumes for how tough these machines are. Polaris just bumped their warranty to 1 year in response but it’s still not exactly a statement of confidence in their own product IMO. It was funny but the dealership where I got mine sells both - they as much as told me if someone comes in stating they want a Polaris, they are happy to sell it to them. If someone comes in and asks what they recommend, they say Kawasaki every time. All of that said, there are some major differences. The mule does not have a locking front diff - which is a major design flaw IMO. The mule also accelerates much slower and top speed is slower. It’s more of a gentlemen’s machine vs the Polaris which is simply more sporty!
BigCohiba is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 10:26 AM   #18
Hardware
Eight Point

Hunt In: Texas, Western US & Argentina

I've had a Polaris Ranger for the past 11 years and have had no major issues and I can assure you i'm far from easy on it. I have a high-rack for quail hunting and we regulary load 4 grown men, 500lbs of feed at start of day and all our gear. We hunt in West Texas in some rough country and the only thing i've done is regular maintenance of oil changes, air filter, greasing and drive belt every 3 years (which is probably not necessary on belts). After 11 years I will be replacing the the suspension bushings which is a wearable part that will need replacing from time to time.

Sometimes I wonder if people have issues with this brand or that brand due to the modifications or aftermarket items they've done or added.
Hardware is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 10:29 AM   #19
kumathebear
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere and when I can!

I've had Mules & Rangers. In all fairness the Mules were carb and a pain to get warmed up so most of my "newer" experience has been with the Rangers.

As far as ride, when you are on pasture roads, rocks, etc., seems they all go bump? All I do know is with the truck tires on this one, the ride is unreal + power steering is MORE than worth the cost. I've got another thread addressing the truck tires vs standard UTV tires so visit that for some ideas if desired? One thing is for certain, keep them serviced and push performance to the point you can afford repairs?

Whatever you get, I would stress getting power steering!!
Attached Images

kumathebear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #20
kingranch
Ten Point

Cvt Trans on rangers is loud as ****
Mule is only way I'd go- kawasaki is the toyota of utv I'm my opinion- low maintenance and longevity-
kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 10:32 AM   #21
Justin Spies
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas

The 825 gator actually has the Kawasaki engine that is found in the ProFXT, but to me they do not compare in ride comfort, smoothness, and noise. I sell Polaris, CanAm, and Kawasaki. The Kawasaki is my go to crew cab for someone who is wanting it for a work, hunting, and family machine. They are not the powerful play machines some guys want but in my opinion they are probably the toughest out there for what I mentioned. They also have a three year warranty that is hard to beat! As far as price if you are comparing apples to apples you can get a ProFXT for less than the Polaris.
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 10:48 AM   #22
systemnt
Pope & Young

SWS - that honda is PURTY!! That two-to-four seat option would work for family.. how much space is left in back with the rear seats up? the front rack looks like a must have as well for haulin corn etc.

Justin - my plan isnt performance -- just ranch roving, hauling feed, and letting the family tool around... i've been spoiled with the ride of rangers/mules in the roughest of environments so thats a must have as well.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:50 AM   #23
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingranch View Post
Mule is only way I'd go- kawasaki is the toyota of utv I'm my opinion- low maintenance and longevity-
thats been my experience with the rangers as well... they get noisy and the CVT's always seem to have some sort of issue..
Old 03-14-2018, 11:09 AM   #24
Ramball36
Eight Point

Another vote for the Mule PRO FXT, we’ve got two 2018’s coming this week to replace our ‘15 and ‘16
Ramball36 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 11:09 AM   #25
Justin Spies
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
SWS - that honda is PURTY!! That two-to-four seat option would work for family.. how much space is left in back with the rear seats up? the front rack looks like a must have as well for haulin corn etc.

Justin - my plan isnt performance -- just ranch roving, hauling feed, and letting the family tool around... i've been spoiled with the ride of rangers/mules in the roughest of environments so thats a must have as well.
I try to tell customers to drive them all. We have traded for two of the Pioneer 1000s with less than 50 hours on them. One only had 98 miles! They were bought at our local Honda dealer and they do not have anywhere to test drive. Once the customer got some seat time in them they did not like them. The man that traded it one to me traded it for the CanAm Defender and then traded it back in for a Ranch Edition Pro FXT because he needed 6 seater. I have owned Honda ATVs for years, so I was excited about the Pioneer 1000 to come out. That machine looks awesome and has a lot of power, but I just can't get passed that jerky transmission!
Old 03-14-2018, 11:12 AM   #26
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

With the tailgate down, I put a Yeti Roadie behind the seats when they're up for riding. The bed also has a safety latch that won't allow you to dump it if either of the seats are up for riding...

Big Country Outdoors did that front rack. I had a similar one on my 700-4 too. It's aluminum as well and comes off by removing 2 wing nuts. That size is not a standard for them, but I had it made big enough so my bow would lie down inside the basket. With the seats stowed and in hauling mode, I've hauled 20 bags on corn in the bed... now it's full and then some, but it does not exceed the load capacity of the bed. I had 15 bags in it once and had a buddy with me... we were doing 55 down a caliche road and still had pedal left. It felt pretty stable too. I was surprised in fact how will it handled the load. The top is made so that I can walk around on top of it. It also folds forward in the middle so that if I need the bed for tall stuff or want to be able to stand up in the bed, I can. Only other thing I might do some day is put a small lift kit on it so I can put bigger tires on it. It comes standard with 27" tires though. 2" receivers front and rear makes adding accessories almost endless...
Old 03-14-2018, 11:16 AM   #27
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Man I sure haven't experienced any "jerky" transmission issues. The 1000 has a 6 speed tranny now and has three different modes. One is a normal auto transmission. Then you can switch it to "SPORT" auto for hot rodding. Now that can get jerky, but that's what it's made for... It also has a manual mode and pedal shifters under the steering wheel. Plus the transfer case has a high and low range as well as 2 wheel turf, 2 wheel standard (positive traction), 4 wheel and 4 wheel lock (positive traction front/rear)... I find it WAY smoother than any Ranger I've ever driven or ridden in...
Old 03-14-2018, 11:59 AM   #28
savin yours
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lampasas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Spies View Post
I sell Polaris, CanAm, and Kawasaki. As far as price if you are comparing apples to apples you can get a ProFXT for less than the Polaris.

Letís talk, because I havenít found that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
savin yours is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 12:04 PM   #29
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Take a look at the Kawasaki Mule Trans 4x4.

We love ours. It can be a two seater with a longer bed or a 4 seater with a shorter bed. Can't beat it.
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 12:05 PM   #30
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post

No question. Mule Trans 4x4.
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 12:10 PM   #31
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX

Mule Pro is a great ride, but gets really hot in the summer from engine/radiator heat??? I really like it in the winter, but brutal in the summer. Mule trans bed rattles a lot if that kind of thing bothers you. I also have a Honda 500 Pioneer that doesn't have heat issue, but not sure about their 1000 crew.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 12:12 PM   #32
Worksalot
Ten Point

Hunt In: On earth

I don't have experience with the new Kubota RTV diesels but our 900 diesel has been very reliable. Only issues after 1500+ hours is the bracket for the hydraulic dump fluid reservoir keeps breaking. Will have to make some modifications to that. And we had to replace the rear u joints. It has a leaf spring suspension and is not built for speed. But it is a work horse for sure. I haul as much oak firewood in the bed as will stay put. It gets used everyday for ranch work.
Worksalot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 12:13 PM   #33
Justin Spies
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by savin yours View Post
Letís talk, because I havenít found that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The closest comparison Polaris has to the PRO FXT is the Ranger 900-6 seater. Without EPS the base Polaris 900-6 has a MSRP of $13,699 and the PRO FXT without EPS has a MSRP of $12,999. The Polaris Ranger 900-6 with EPS has a MSRP of $15,499 and the EPS model of the PRO FXT has a MSRP of $14,799.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:17 PM   #34
blntrey3
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Val Verde County, Loma Alta

Quote:
And the ranger is a F-250 with twin turbos
blntrey3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 12:21 PM   #35
bbqfan5909
Ten Point

Bought my mule pro fxt with power steering for 14.5 out the door (taxes included) last year from kawasaki of irving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Spies View Post
The closest comparison Polaris has to the PRO FXT is the Ranger 900-6 seater. Without EPS the base Polaris 900-6 has a MSRP of $13,699 and the PRO FXT without EPS has a MSRP of $12,999. The Polaris Ranger 900-6 with EPS has a MSRP of $15,499 and the EPS model of the PRO FXT has a MSRP of $14,799.
bbqfan5909 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 12:24 PM   #36
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX

Quote:
That is another thing I like about the Honda, no CVT. I can short shift and it is really quiet compared to Mule.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 12:37 PM   #37
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!

Buy a Jeep or 4x4 suv. AC/Heat, Closed cabin for about a 3rd of the price. Your driving on ranch roads anyway. I sold my mule last year and don't miss it at all.
Name:  Ogre 2.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  58.0 KB
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 12:53 PM   #38
Matt_C
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Yep^^^^^ I have one and have ran it up to 60 with not issues at all.
Matt_C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 12:54 PM   #39
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Buy a Jeep or 4x4 suv. AC/Heat, Closed cabin for about a 3rd of the price. Your driving on ranch roads anyway. I sold my mule last year and don't miss it at all.
Attachment 900493
For hunting out west, I'm the same way, but that vehicle in your pic wouldn't get within 2 miles of my set ups in East Texas where I hunt and use my Honda, and my Honda would be a lot easier hauling corn and filling feeders even IF I could get the Jeep to my feeders... Just a totally different application. For me I have to have both...
Old 03-14-2018, 01:14 PM   #40
offthemap
Ten Point

Hunt In: Houston, Anderson, Cherokee, Smith, Knox, Foard

Anyone have any experience with the Yamaha Viking? I see those all over CL for cheap. I rode in the ranch edition one time and it seemed like it was loud & lacking in power. Makes sense though because it has the same motor as my Grizzly 700 and was hauling 4 folks.
offthemap is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 01:27 PM   #41
ckamp52
Ten Point

Hunt In: looking for a drama free lease...if it exists anymore

Quote:
The price point on the Honda is pretty much the dame as the Ranger. Maneuverability is another BIG advantage of the Pioneer 1000-5... It's turning radius will turn inside all the other 2 seaters... Mine is box stock standard except the custom aluminum top, front end replacement bumper, and aluminum front basket(Big Country Outdoors). Much better suspension than the Rangers... Rangers is all I really can compare it to because most of my hunting mates run Rangers... They're makin' noises about bumping up to the Honda now too...
Attachment 900479

Attachment 900480

Attachment 900481

This is my 700-4 but it shows the seat configuration in the back. The 1000 is just like it only bigger.
Attachment 900482
What he said for sure. I have one of the Honda big red utv's and love it but really want a pioneer 4 with the family growing just cant pull the trigger yet. I have loved Slicks since the first time I saw it on here. the turning radius is the number one thing I cant deal with on the others. Feels like you are driving a school bus. Im an old mx'r as well and just like my other machines I have had zero issues with my Honda sxs. others at the lease I just got off of had a can am defender, nice but loud and huge. Vikings-seemed nice but very wide and too new to tell if they were worth a crap. other guy just bought a john deer 4 seater-i know there are tons of different models and I don't remember which he had but man those seats where so uncomfortable

Last edited by ckamp52; 03-14-2018 at 01:30 PM.
ckamp52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 01:58 PM   #42
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Hunt In: Terrell and Val Verde County

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCohiba View Post
I just bought a Mule PRO FXT. Too soon to give any kind of review but I can tell you it rides like a Cadillac and seems to have plenty of grunt. The 3 year warranty speaks volumes for how tough these machines are. Polaris just bumped their warranty to 1 year in response but itís still not exactly a statement of confidence in their own product IMO. It was funny but the dealership where I got mine sells both - they as much as told me if someone comes in stating they want a Polaris, they are happy to sell it to them. If someone comes in and asks what they recommend, they say Kawasaki every time. All of that said, there are some major differences. The mule does not have a locking front diff - which is a major design flaw IMO. The mule also accelerates much slower and top speed is slower. Itís more of a gentlemenís machine vs the Polaris which is simply more sporty!
I've heard the same thing at a local (SA) dealership. They said they tell people about some issues with the Ranger and they still want them. But, if the customer asks which one, they recommend the mule.
SabreKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 02:49 PM   #43
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!

Quote:
For hunting out west, I'm the same way, but that vehicle in your pic wouldn't get within 2 miles of my set ups in East Texas where I hunt and use my Honda, and my Honda would be a lot easier hauling corn and filling feeders even IF I could get the Jeep to my feeders... Just a totally different application. For me I have to have both...
Don't go hatin' on Ogre! Our roads around our lease are better than some of our County Roads here in Brazoria county!

It sho is nice when its a hunert degrees or raining and 35*
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 02:54 PM   #44
Justin Spies
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
Bought my mule pro fxt with power steering for 14.5 out the door (taxes included) last year from kawasaki of irving.
That is why I stated MSRP, not actual selling prices.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:16 PM   #45
kkp005
Six Point

Hunt In: Madison County

I'd get a Mule pro. We have 2 of them now. Used to have rangers and will not go back
kkp005 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 04:10 PM   #46
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Don't go hatin' on Ogre! Our roads around our lease are better than some of our County Roads here in Brazoria county!

It sho is nice when its a hunert degrees or raining and 35*
Yea, I got's me a fat ride too... Only use that UTV for places I can't get to wiff my AC/power steering/4-do/4 wd pick 'em up trukk! If it's a hunert, 35, or raining at any temp, that UTV stays in da barn!
Old 03-14-2018, 04:36 PM   #47
fordsuper08
Eight Point

Hunt In: San Angelo , East Texas

I have the can am defender hd 10 xt I love it and i have ridden all the big names and as for power and comfort I don't think they can be beat
fordsuper08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 04:56 PM   #48
Snowflake Killa
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas

The Honda is nice but the back seat and the bed sucks but if you need to go 60 then I would buy one. Loved my mule
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 06:00 PM   #49
nchunter
Six Point

I know this sounds dumb, but I looked at the mule proís and they look really ugly. I canít fault the warranty, but they look like a 70ís version of a moon vehicle from the bond movie moon raker.
nchunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2018, 06:11 PM   #50
randal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Crowell

I would own a ford 6.0 before I owned a Polaris again.. In the shop all the time.. I bought a 2016 mule fxt and couldn't be happier.. I also like the fact you can make it a single seater and get more bed room cause most of the time it's just me but sometimes the whole family comes along.. I think you can get them for 12,500ish out the door..
randal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top