Who carries a pocket knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who carries a pocket knife?

I know that this is a time-waste thread, but I was at a party last weekend and someone needed to cut a box open. They asked for some scissors and I reached in pocket and brought out my Buck stockman and offered my services. It wasn't a big deal but I did get some wierd looks.

I think I was the only guy that was "packing" at the party. I even carry my knife when I am at church.

Am I alone?

No, you are not alone. You were just at the wrong kind of party!

Comment

Some time I do some times I don't.
      Never been in a situation when I did that I wished I did not have a pocket knife. Can think of several times that I did not have one when I could have used it...

Comment

My Dad actually gets mad at me if he asks me for my knife and I don't have one in my pocket.

Seriously

Not a big knife or a big deal really, I think it has something to do with being a "Gentleman" more than anything else. He gave me yet another knife for Christmas this year.

Comment

My Grandpa and my Dad would fuss at me if I didn't have my pocket knife when they needed to borrow it. I went to school with my pocket knife.

Comment

i carry 2 every where I go. front left pocket Benchmade ATS-34 with a clip and right front buck stockman. both razor sharp.

Comment

I always have at least one, and some times two like powderburner.

Comment

I am rarely without a pocket knife. I would say you definately were at a party that I wouldn't have fit in at.

I sometimes carry two.

Comment

As a kid I thought carrying a pocketknife was something only old men did. Maybe I was right, now that I think about it - I have not gone anywhere without one for the last 10 years or so! When friends/family that are not knife-carriers turn 40, I send them a pocketknife and inform them that there is a state law that requires all men in the state of Texas over the age of 40 to carry a knife at all times...
                  Last edited by jerp; 01-08-2007, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I always carry at least one. I do think we are in the minority on this.

Comment

Feel naked without one..

Comment

I normally carry my Gerber Multitool for such occasions.

Comment

When I forget to, it seems that is the only time I need one......

Comment

Always carry one. My dad used to get mad to when I would not have mine. I would always ask where was his!

My 18 year old carries one all the time too.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                              My Dad actually gets mad at me if he asks me for my knife and I don't have one in my pocket.

Seriously
                              Me too.

Comment

Working...
                              X