feeder help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feeder help

I need to find some wire connectors for my feeders so that I can both use the 12 volt battery and charge it at the same time. I can find the normal wire attachments but can't find the ones with a 3rd prong. thanks

terminalscheap.com

Think you are looking for the piggy back terminals, 100 for around $7

Comment

thanks thats exactly what I was looking for. How long to the 12 volt batteries typically last for y'all? If there is no visible corrosion are they still good?

Comment

I've been on the same 12v battery for the past 3 years. I think I'm going to change it "just because" here shortly. It's been hooked up to a solar panel the whole time slinging corn twice a day for 3 seconds each time. I'm sure the life would have been less if I fed longer or more frequent intervals.

Comment

We are using a HCR timer, and a 12 Volt solar panel that we get from HCR as well. We have one battery that has 2007 on the side of it! Our feeders run year round, and all have solar panels. We use the piggy back styler terminals and have never had an issue. We have replaced batteries over the years, but mainly due to abuse or grounding out against the feeder box if the feeders are tore up. Several years out of a good 12v battery is not uncommon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Texan View Post
            thanks thats exactly what I was looking for. How long to the 12 volt batteries typically last for y'all? If there is no visible corrosion are they still good?
            I usually change mine out every 5 years and they run 365 days with a normal solar panel on it. It the panel is in good sun, I'll sometimes get around 7 years.

Comment

Yup the red piggybacks posted on Ebay above are the way to go..

Comment

the piggyback wire connecters is what we have always used some just needed to be replaced

Comment

Any auto parts store, lowes, Home Depot, or harbor freight will have what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
                    Any auto parts store, lowes, Home Depot, or harbor freight will have what you need.
                    Home Depot, Lows, and Radio Shack didn't have the ones with the piggyback so I found them and got them through Amazon prime should be here Wednesday

Comment

I used to get them at Napa or Radio Shack until work started using them.

Comment

The piggybacks can be hard to find locally. I have taken two female bayonet connectors and slid one of the crimp edges into the other and then on battery terminal, may have to spread the one going on the battery a little.

Comment

I just put both wires in the same connector. The solar panel last for years so I don't worry bout having to change the wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdip View Post
                            I just put both wires in the same connector. The solar panel last for years so I don't worry bout having to change the wiring.
                            This is the simplest and easiest way and if you use insulated connectors you shouldn't have to worry about the battery grounding out in the timer box

Comment

Working...
                            X