No announcement yet.

Getaway with a Toddler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The drive through Safari in New Braunfels was fun for us and our two year old a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
      Yogi bear park was fun for us about same age kid last summer (It's definitely for the kids) but still has lazy River we relaxed in. Pond to fish.outdoor movies at night.
      I wouldn't go without my kid of course but we all enjoyed it.
      Which one did yall go to?

Comment

Flying L Ranch in Bandera May be a good option. We have been there with little kids and they had fun in the pools and water park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
          Which one did yall go to?
          Waller. Its called Jellystone...there was a bunch of Yogi Bear stuff and I swore that was the name when I typed it the first time. It's not far from us. We stayed the weekend in one of their cabins. We will be going back again.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            Keep her happy then. Make sure you have plenty of easy access to your hotel room whenever your toddler needs to rest. Don't go to Disney and drag him/her around all day long without any breaks.
            X2. In fact I'd argue you oughtta take your kid more to get him used to travelling. we take our now 2 year old on most trips with us, and just have a mindset of he gets with it or he deals with it. He either ends up having fun or i have fun and get a workout out of carrying around an annoyed 2 year old but for real if your kids get used to beig expected to behave a certain way, they generally will.

Comment

Lufkin zoo

Comment

Seems a lot of people here aren’t fans but we went to Cancun. Short flight I timed around nap time then got an all inclusive and got my room as close to the water and pool as possible. 24hr room service is perfect with little ones too

Lots have kids pools and play areas too

Comment

We took our little kids to Port Aransas, and to several state parks, camping.
                  If you're looking for an adult vacation that you can haul your kids to, I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Hyatt Lost Pines is good.

Comment

Destin fla condos are cheaper than port royale plus lots to see and do in Destin. The sand and beaches in port a are gross and the sugar sand and blue clear water in Destin are beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                        We took our little kids to Port Aransas, and to several state parks, camping.
                        If you're looking for an adult vacation that you can haul your kids to, I don't know what to tell you.
                        Agree with this. Take him camping. Fishing, swimming, and cooking his own hotdog over the fire. Plus it will wear his butt out.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                          Destin fla condos are cheaper than port royale plus lots to see and do in Destin. The sand and beaches in port a are gross and the sugar sand and blue clear water in Destin are beautiful.
                          Is the water warm in Destin? We went to New Smyrna Beach, Florida, a couple years ago and the Atlantic was ice cold. I could not stay in it for more than about 5 minutes.

Comment

Went to Destin In the middle of June and the water was warm Stayed at Sandestin golf and beach resort on beach side for around $250 a night with room for either 6 or 8.

Comment

Been to Jellystone in Waller and Splashway and a 2.5 year old would have a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Scribner Lite View Post
                                Splashway Water park has a spot just for the little ones. And they have cabins you can rent. We always took our camper.

https://splashwaywaterpark.com/
                                We did this trip several summers in a row, fun family friendly place! You can even catch fish in their stock pond, there's more to do than just swimming.
                                Good luck and have fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X