Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to Jared's

Comment

Mine tried that nonsense. There was no way I was spending that on a ring. I did end up piecing the ring together (bought big diamond, then small diamonds, then the band) and when it was together it appraised for over the 3 month rule.

Comment

My wife bought herself a second pricey wedding set. Couple of months later a buddy filled me in. I would of never known.
        I got over it.
        Pick your fights carefully.............

Comment

I did about 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dude just get her a ring that you think she'll like. Quit letting everyone else tell you how to think.

Comment

I got told that by my now sil and I laughed at her. Aint no way in heck I'd spend that kind of money on a ring. Buy what you can afford and feel comfortable spending and she will be just fine with it. If she's not, then she's not in it for the right reason imo. Only thing you really need to try and do is make sure and pick out a band she will like. What sits in the middle of that band is just what you can afford after you buy the band. Because trust me, aint none of it cheap. But those diamonds are stupid expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                Dude just get her a ring that you think she'll like. Quit letting everyone else tell you how to think.
                Dont let this guy tell you what to do.

Comment

Bob Lee's route is starting to make some better sense, aint it?

Comment

Put me in the group who wouldn't spend that money on an engagement ring but add my wife too.

She has a beautiful band that I had made for her and since we've been married 35 years I don't think she missed what in today's money would be a $21K engagement ring.

We took what money we had and put it down on a home.

Good luck and congratulations on your engagement.

Comment

I would stay away from the wholesale low price places.
                      Set your budget at say 5, 7 or 10k, whatever it is.
                      Take her to Tiffany's. It puts a spell on them like no other place.
                      Buy what you can afford from Tiffany's and she will be happy and dreamy.
                      That place melted my wife into a Princess as soon as we walked in and I got off light for $10k.
                      I tell you , it works!

Comment

I did about 2 months worth, but that's just how it worked out. I designed it, and had it made. It might be worth 2 weeks worth now, but it means a whole lot more to us.

Comment

absolutely ridiculous....it was an ad campaign aimed directly at the middle class guys to make them spend more money.

The most juvenile kind of peer pressure...."everyone else is doing it..."

That being said, I have a friend that believed and bought into the nonsense. He spent, nope, scratch that....he FINANCED a $40K engagement ring. They got married, divorced, she kept the ring, and he's still making payments on it.

Comment

I think 3-months is a industry driven rule of thumb. Buy what you think she'll like and what you can afford.

Comment

Need pic of said wife to make decision.

Comment

Costco jewelry. Think big. I am serious. I bought my wife's engagement ring there, 14 years ago. Good quality and great price.

Comment

Working...
                                X