Skull?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skull?

Has anyone tried dying white a skull after cleaning and degreasing instead of the bleaching?

Been told you can use watered down Elmer's glue and paint it on.
    Last edited by OleTomTalker; 09-27-2017, 01:27 PM. Reason: Can't spell worth a ......

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
      Been told you can use watered down Elmer's glue and paint it on.
      this would probably be more of a sealer and not a dye. Elmer's glue dries almost clear...

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
        Has anyone tried dying white a skull after cleaning and degreasing instead of the bleaching?
        not really sure what you mean by dying? you whiten with high % peroxide and never really want to use bleach on bone.

Comment

Bone soaks up color pretty well. When I started cleaning skulls, I tried a bunch of different degreasing methods. Simple Green cuts grease very well, in the house. It works well on skulls too ... except they stay the same color as the water.

I'd think if you mixed up some strong RIT fabric dye, and submerged the skull, you'd get color.

Comment

Never tried it, but have heard the Kilz spray paint works good. Id try on another bone begore I sprayed a skull though.

Comment

It's very easy to whiten any skull using peroxide. Not sure why anybody would want to paint or dye one???

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                It's very easy to whiten any skull using peroxide. Not sure why anybody would want to paint or dye one???

This, unless your trying to " color" it, green, blue or something. Peroxide works to to make them white.

Comment

Painting a skull

I do the hydrographic dipping on euro's. The first step in this process is to put a coat of paint on the skull for the ink from the film to bite into. Skulls can be painted very easily. Here's an axis before being dipped. This is just Duplicolor white rattle can automotive spray paint from the auto parts store.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post

Its a very old skull that is badly stained, I tried the peroxide it whitened it some but still dark stain spots. Looks like there is not really a white dye. So I guess I will try paint.
                    Last edited by coop2564; 09-28-2017, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X