Lake Conroe Fishing Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Conroe Fishing Advise

So I know this is a hunting forum and yes I have been over to 2cool, but I rely more on this forum then other online resources.

Anyway, I have acquired a small fishing boat and live close to the FM 830 boat launch. I have Friday off and the winds finally seam to be cooperating. I hear to fish bulkhead for cats and find brush piles for crappie. Well that's all good advise but I'm hoping I can get a few more details. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. I'm taking my wife out and want to give her a good experience so it becomes our Friday morning thing.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

How small we talking?

Comment

Cats are on the bulkhead right now. The earlier and the later the better. Once the sun gets up pitch into the shade under docks. If they are there they will bite almost anything. As far as the crappie, they are much harder to find. If you don't have good graphs on your boat, forget about it. But if you do, I hear they are in 12-15' right now

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
        How small we talking?
        16.5 ft deep V tracker with 60hp outboard

I do have a Lawrence elite 5 fish finder but it's new to me to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texantax View Post
          Cats are on the bulkhead right now. The earlier and the later the better. Once the sun gets up pitch into the shade under docks. If they are there they will bite almost anything. As far as the crappie, they are much harder to find. If you don't have good graphs on your boat, forget about it. But if you do, I hear they are in 12-15' right now
          Plan was for me to get up before sunrise and try and catch some shad then the bride join me after she drops the kid off at school.

I do have a fish finder but new to me to use it. Seams to have noise in it to me towards the surface but I can see the bottom and potential structure under me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
            Plan was for me to get up before sunrise and try and catch some shad then the bride join me after she drops the kid off at school.

I do have a fish finder but new to me to use it. Seams to have noise in it to me towards the surface but I can see the bottom and potential structure under me.

If you can read it and find structure, make sure you have some buoys to mark it. White jigs have been working the best

Comment

Shrimp is a good bait also.

Comment

If you can read it and find structure, make sure you have some buoys to mark it. White jigs have been working the best
                Thanks

Comment

Pm sent.

Comment

Put your boat in at Scott’s Ridge and run out towards the main lake. On the south end right before you get to the main lake you’ll see lake houses with boat docks. Start at those and work your way all the way around the point and into the next cut, working every boat dock. For bait, use hot dog bites soaked in koolaid powder with minced garlic mixed in. Chances are you’ll limit before you move off the 4th or 5th boathouse you try.

I’ve done this in a kayak and in a 14ft LoneStar semi-v. Never too rough and always catch plenty. You can also set a trot line in the stumps before heading out and then pick it back up on your way in.

Comment

You mean to tell me you been going and aint even called? Good possibility I may slide up there this weekend.

PM sent OP

Comment

Good bulkhead and brush fishing in loch ness cove (stow a way marina) you can put in at stow a way and never start the big motor.

Comment

If you have never ran Scott’s ridge before I wouldn’t run it for the first time at night. If you do stick to the south shore line.

Comment

Always catfish to be caught at the dam and the bulkheads around the dam.

Comment

Fish finder = Look for bulk heads pretty much all the way around the lake right now... head that way.. throw shad up against bulk head...

FIL and group caught 80 yesterday on first bulkhead they hit.. we're done fishing in little over an hour and lost about half as many as they caught...

Comment

Working...
                              X