Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Yes yes.....we don't have any good deer near us. Just 11 years of rain and rocks..
    Well I have only ever hunted East Texas so as long as its not pine trees and hogs im happy lol

Comment

Originally posted by duckman49 View Post
      Ill join the thread.. just got on my first lease out that way. Im going Monday to pick out some spots and get more of an idea what all I will need stand a feeder wise.
      Originally posted by fordsuper08 View Post
      I am in first time hunting the area this coming year we will be in water valley where are ya'll getting the cotton seed at
      Welcome to the area.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
        Is that directly from AP? How much was the use of the trailer?
        the trailer didn't cost anything.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
          haha. No rain in my area. Been a dry *** winter. Hope it turns around.
          Don't we all. Need to get those bucks fattened back up and hopefully not have to pay an arm and a leg to do it.

Comment

Well I have only ever hunted East Texas so as long as its not pine trees and hogs im happy lol
            Welcome to the area! Your def not in Kansas anymore toto!

Don't let Smart scare you there are 1-2 decent deer running around the Angelo area no matter what part you call home.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
              Welcome to the area! Your def not in Kansas anymore toto!

Don't let Smart scare you there are 1-2 decent deer running around the Angelo area no matter what part you call home.

It wasn't me trying to scare him....That was txwhitetail..

Comment

excited about the trip, but its going to be a long day and a half for us, 7 hours one way, look around sleep some and then head home.

Comment

excited about the trip, but its going to be a long day and a half for us, 7 hours one way, look around sleep some and then head home.

Get used to taking a Friday vacation day to make the long trips worth it.

Getting there Fri night late and having to leave Sunday am is the suck!

Comment

What smart said! I will make a day trip if I have too, but I'll even say that I like staying a minimum of 5-6 days. In the summer I do extactly what smart said and take a Friday and leave Sunday. But during season, if I go I try to always have 5-6 days of hunting. We have 7 hours one way too, but I don't view the drive as bad as some do. I am Usually riding with friends or family so just adds to the experience.

Comment

Im lucky and work shift work and get to take vacation's on my long changes during hunting season to make the trips worth it.

Comment

Dadgum, and I thought 4 hours was bad! Yeah the ride up isn't bad but going home is for the birds! It's all worth it though with the quality deer and guys on the lease! Good luck this year sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to the area. I bet you’ll like it.
                          Here is a 3-1/2 yr old from the area recently.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by KingsX; 02-08-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

He is going to be a stud!

Comment

the feed store in sterling city lets us use it for free if we buy from him ap 17% he doesnt carry in bulk anymore but will fill the wagon with bags before you pick it up

Comment

I’ve got two big feeders I’d like to sell this weekend if anyone needs some. They hold about 2800 #’s of corn each. Or you could mount a protein head . $400 each. I’ll get some pictures soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X