Thoughts on Savage's Weather Warrior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Savage's Weather Warrior?

Anyone own one of these? I'm always on the look out for a new toy.

They make a convincing video: https://youtu.be/656Z7KUiXJ8

Shoot 116 in a 22-250 with AccuTrigger & AccuStock

3 shot 100 yrd groups in a dime with Hornady SST 50gr out of the box

Savage stock rifles can shoot. Love it

Comment

I've heard nothing but good out of the newer, more expensive Savages. I am looking at getting one chambered in 338 next year.

Comment

one of the best all around guns. I have had one for 10+ years and its still my go to gun

Comment

Have one in 30.06. Mine shoots around 1.5" groups at 100 yards out of the box. I have noticed hot rounds such as a Hornady SST 165gn will open groups up, switched to a Winchester 165gn running about 150 fps slower closed them right back up.

Comment

Cool

Comment

I own short and long action caliber savage rifles and I really like them. I own several other brand rifles as well but for what you get from savage at the price you get it they are hard to beat. I would not hesitate to buy another one at all. The savages I own were moa or sub-moa rifles out of the box. With an accustock or any stock with a bedding block in it I bed the recoil lug with epoxy and rock on.

Comment

Originally posted by SamSowell View Post
                Have one in 30.06. Mine shoots around 1.5" groups at 100 yards out of the box. I have noticed hot rounds such as a Hornady SST 165gn will open groups up, switched to a Winchester 165gn running about 150 fps slower closed them right back up.
                I am not sure what it is about it but I have got several 1/2 moa groups with cheaper federal fusion 165 grain ammo in 30 caliber rifles with 1:10 twist rates.

Comment

I have 3 or 4 Savages. They all shoot as good as I can. I have not had any problems with any of them. I reload and shoot off the shelf ammo. The off the shelf ammo groups pretty well. Once I develop a good load for a specific rifle they shoot lights out. Also the price of the Savages makes me not worry if I want to do any mods to the rifles. I don't have to worry about ruining the value. I like to mod mine here and there to try new stocks, triggers, bolt handles, etc.

Comment

I dare anyone to find a better rifle for the price than your typical bolt-action savage rifle. I have a .270 model 110 with the accutrigger, it cost me $550 with the standard, cheap 3x9 scope. Its a tack driver, sub 1 moa out to 200 yards, and I haven't really tested it any further than that. Best bang for your buck IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                      I own short and long action caliber savage rifles and I really like them. I own several other brand rifles as well but for what you get from savage at the price you get it they are hard to beat. I would not hesitate to buy another one at all. The savages I own were moa or sub-moa rifles out of the box. With an accustock or any stock with a bedding block in it I bed the recoil lug with epoxy and rock on.
                      10-4 on epoxy bedding the lug

Comment

I own several savages from the low end hunting rifles to the 12 ftr target rifle and I love them all. My old savage .243 that came with a cheapo scope I got 10-12 years ago is my goto gun sighted it in when I first got it and it shoots 1/2 to 3/4" groups at 100 (depending on how much coffee and monster I've had) even after riding without a case in the back seat of my truck all this time. Never even had to adjust the scope since the first time I sighted it in. Buy a savage and be happy

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

I own a couple. A 204 in a 12 (it looks like the new VLP, but I can never remember the model)

My daughter shoots a Lady Hunter in 7mm-08

Both are capable of sub MOA

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

My 12 fcv in 204 is awesome. I almost got the 16 weather warriors but if I remember right it's not available in 204, and I decided I wanted that rather then 22-250. Great guns for the price. I really don't think any other gun is as consistently accurate out of the box.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X