Closing costs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing costs?

I need some info on closing costs. I'm considering selling a piece of property I inherited. I have an offer from a neighbor and will not be using a realtor. The current offer is not where it needs to be, but if he increases the offer, I may sell.

What costs should I expect upon selling the property?

Seller usually only pays for Title Policy. Which is a percentage of the Sales Price. Its usually not much

Comment

That's not quite right.

Call the title company where you intend to close and they should happily give you a quote.

Comment

You can also have the neighbor pay all the closing costs if it is part of the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by J Wales View Post
          That's not quite right.

Call the title company where you intend to close and they should happily give you a quote.
          It has been on every piece of property I have sold unless negotiated otherwise. Throug ha Title Company, I have sold property where it was just a deed transfer through the court with NO closing Cost at all.
          Last edited by blntrey3; 04-04-2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Without a realtor, there isn't much.

Call a title company, they will give you a quote

Comment

So what exactly makes up this 'closing cost' number?

- selling agent fee?
              - buying agent fee?
              - title company fee?
              - ??

Comment

Originally posted by Swamprat View Post
                So what exactly makes up this 'closing cost' number?

- selling agent fee?
                - buying agent fee?
                - title company fee?
                - ??
                All of the above, then there can be Lenders fees if applicable which are the Bulk of the fees and go to the buyer unless otherwise stated in the contract

Comment

Looking for home mortgage rates in Texas? View loan interest rates from local banks, TX credit unions and brokers, from Bankrate.com.

Usually the closing costs relate to loans and title policy. If you are the Seller neither really matters to you. Sometimes the cost of a survey. Easiest would be to have the neighbor make a net offer and push all of the costs to him.

I would also look into roll back taxes if it has Ag, as well as capital gains.

Comment

All depends on how the contract is negotiated.

Title Co fee about 250.00
                    doc fees 100.00
                    survey 500-????.??
                    Title policy based off selling price
                    appraisal 500-????

Comment

have the contract filled out so all the fees go to the buyer including rollback taxes if they apply.
                      title company can tell you the costs, some can be substantial.
                      I am a realtor.

Comment

Working...
                      X