Harvest moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest moon

Any advice or opinions this weekend? Is it even "worth it" to sit in the stand if they are up all night feeding?![emoji6]

I'm am going. Will definitely be hunting later though and staying in the blind till around 1 or maybe sit all day.

Comment

I'm sitting this one out.

Comment

Can't kill him from the couch.
        Always catch him going back to bed they'll be up again feeding around midday

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep ^^^^^^^^^

Comment

The moon ain't my boss. I dictate when I'm hunting. Up in the tree right now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Hamshire View Post

Amen, brother! I got two bosses! Don't need a third!

Comment

Lease mate put down a mature buck yesterday evening. I'm in this morning. Moon won't stop me
                Last edited by bphillips; 10-06-2017, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamshire View Post

Good luck

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Should be a lot of deer activity between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. May want to skip the morning hunt and get to the stand about 10:30 and sit all afternoon.

Comment

I have read several studies showing moon phases have less to do with deer movement than previously thought. I'll be out there.

Comment

My experience has been you will catch them moving the first 30 minutes and again at about 10:30 to 1. It doesn't seem to effect the evening.

Comment

Lots of deer movement last evening, back in the blind today for more. Harvest moon they also move midday.

Comment

I've seen deer moving all over this place this morning since daylight.

Comment

Deer are out now as I type this. Watching some doe feed in an easement. It's October, cool mornings, you can bet I will be in the stand!

Checked cams yesterday when I got home. There was a lot of night activity but by far the most activity I have seen on my place. New bucks showing up as well. Did have day time pics from 8-9am, 4:30pm and 6:30pm. Crazy not to be in the stand at least the mornings while it's cool out! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X