Lake Waco Corps Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Waco Corps Land

I've never done any public hunting before but I'm thinking I might give it a try. Would somebody please fill me in on how to whole thing works? And has anybody had luck at lake waco?

I don't enough to tell you where. I do know some great deer are around that lake.

Comment

It is draw only for gun season... Slug gun only.
      If your don't draw a permit, not spoda be hunting.

Usually hold the draw in Aug. Each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
        It is draw only for gun season... Slug gun only.
        If your don't draw a permit, not spoda be hunting.

Usually hold the draw in Aug. Each year.
        what about archery?

Comment

Originally posted by alec bailey View Post
          what about archery?
          Yeah you can go and hunt with a bow till the day before general season. Once general season opens unless you got a draw permit your not suppose to be in those sections.

Comment

You can hunt for a month during archery without doing anything but go hunting. All the spots are good for hunting...hogs and deer, you hunt the hogs year round I believe. I shot a doe out there last year just sitting in a fold up chair under a tree right after some spot stalkers walked by lol

Comment

No permit needed from what I understand. I hunted out there a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by flyin7 View Post
                No permit needed from what I understand. I hunted out there a couple of years ago.
                No permit needed for Archery Only season. But you will most likely get a ticket for trespassing (or worse if hunting) if on any unit during the general deer season, or the antler-less and spike only season.

Comment

Second year hunting Waco this year. Got drawn for general season we saw alot of deer every sit. Seen more buck than does during our draw hunt. But nothing legal. My buddy did take a spike. We sat on the ground at the base of trees and had deer at 10 yards many times. Hunted hard during bow season. I had 13 doe pass by me with not one shot. BUT again we saw deer every sit then to. It can be tough hunting. But the deer are there. The hogs are there also. It's alot of fun. I like the pack in type hunting.

Comment

Working...
                  X