Slow Drivers Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
    Wait a minute, you got one part wrong, (Several minutes) more like 5 to 8 minutes. I hate this the most as well.
    Measured in "miles" rather than "minutes."

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm a if I'm going 70 in a 65 I'm not moving over guy. No reason you should be going faster. Unless I see like hazards or something I'll move. But getting up on my bumper I actually slow down and match my speed to the car next to me to really annoy them. Driving daily for work I've noticed you don't get to your destination really that much faster and sometimes I beat them there just cruising.

Comment

Make folks follow the law, so you few can break it

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
          What don’t you understand? If the speed limit is say 75mph that is the MAXIMUM speed you may drive and be within the law. So if the right lane is for vehicles travling slow that would mean vehicles traveling slower than posted speed limit that could be 70,65 or even 72 mph.

The left lane is for passing only so if I’m driving 75mph I will be driving the maximum speed that the law says I can drive. Being in the passing lane I would be passing all vehicles in the right lane traveling at a lesser pace. Why is this concept so hard to understand for people?

Do stop signs mean stop or do what ever you want as you approach an intersection?
          Nobody cares about you going 75 past the only car in the right going 70 on a lonely highway.

The only complaint is you going 75 & the right laners are going 74.5...you have a clean spot on the right let's say a couple-three hundred yards up. How difficult is it to speed up a little & help impeding traffic get through vs taking 10-15 minutes to do the same holding 75 & traffic is piling up behind you in the left?? It's safer for everyone if you actually help clear the bottle neck.

I drive about 400 miles a day & go 5 over the limit everywhere I go...there are more LE in my area than anywhere in TX right now. I just wave & keep going. You are not going to get a citation for simply picking it up to 80, moving right & then the others start passing you. Don't get so jacked up on this 75 so called LIMIT you are entitled to hold or afraid to surpass is all we are asking. This particular concept should not be very difficult to grasp.

Out...gotta hit the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Nobody cares about you going 75 past the only car in the right going 70 on a lonely highway.

The only complaint is you going 75 & the right laners are going 74.5...you have a clean spot on the right let's say a couple-three hundred yards up. How difficult is it to speed up a little & help impeding traffic get through vs taking 10-15 minutes to do the same holding 75 & traffic is piling up behind you in the left?? It's safer for everyone if you actually help clear the bottle neck.

I drive about 400 miles a day & go 5 over the limit everywhere I go...there are more LE in my area than anywhere in TX right now. I just wave & keep going. You are not going to get a citation for simply picking it up to 80, moving right & then the others start passing you. Don't get so jacked up on this 75 so called LIMIT you are entitled to hold or afraid to surpass is all we are asking. This particular concept should not be very difficult to grasp.

Out...gotta hit the road.
            Had to do that this morning.
            Was in the left lane doing 72 in a 65. About to pass a 18 wheeler after I passed a black dodge 1500.

Noticed a car behind me was closing the distance so I increase my speed a few mph’s to be in front of the 18 wheeler by the time the car would be riding my bumper.
            Was back in the middle lane and back to my normal cruising speed just as the car caught up and passed me.

Driving isn’t to hard

Comment

These threads always show who the *******s are lol. If you are in the left lane and someone is coming up behind you going faster, it is the law to move over. It doesn't matter is they are going 30 mph or 130 mph. It's not your job to regulate their speed. Also, if you have to pass someone on the right for not moving over, there is absolutely no reason to cut them off so hard they have to slam their brakes. It seems like people on both sides of this argument just want to be dicks for no reason.

Comment

These threads always start a lot of hating on here. Ain't nothing gonna change everybody will retain their same driving habits, that's just the way it is. Driving like a fool and killing yourself is one thing, driving like a fool and kill other people is murder. Remember the church bus accident by Garner State Park?

I will say this though, I would like to put y'all in a big truck for a month. Drive 500 miles a week in it and then come back on this thread and preach about drivers.

I wish we could post about good stuff on here without drama and hating. I hear that chit all day long, I would rather come on here and laugh or talk about hunting or fishing or drinking anything but this stuff.

And yes, I normally shy away from these threads but lately they too many of them on here. Heck I might as well go over to THF and read.

Comment

Boswell. It is illegal to drive on an improved shoulder. You can do so under very few circumstances and allowing another to pass is not one of them. I do it to let people pass- It is illegal

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                    What don’t you understand? If the speed limit is say 75mph that is the MAXIMUM speed you may drive and be within the law. So if the right lane is for vehicles travling slow that would mean vehicles traveling slower than posted speed limit that could be 70,65 or even 72 mph.

The left lane is for passing only so if I’m driving 75mph I will be driving the maximum speed that the law says I can drive. Being in the passing lane I would be passing all vehicles in the right lane traveling at a lesser pace. Why is this concept so hard to understand for people?

Do stop signs mean stop or do what ever you want as you approach an intersection?
                    It's cute when someone is so ****in wrong but thinks theyre so right..and then claims others dont understand....

Read the whole ****in sign.
                    Here's your sign.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                      Ya, unfortunately a thread like this just brings up bad feelings. Either people are mad because they want to be a "speeder".....illegal.....and are trying to run up peoples rearends and then you have the person driving slow in the left lane.......illegal......slowing down the traffic and getting mad at the speeder. Idiot speeders and idiot slow drivers....Wish we could all get along. LOL
                      I'm not sure "idiot speeder" is the correct term. Idiot slow driver and idiot blocking left lane is correct. If no one is in the left lane and I am speeding then I do not bother anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        It's cute when someone is so ****in wrong but thinks theyre so right..and then claims others dont understand....

Read the whole ****in sign.
                        Here's your sign.
                        Boom goes the Dynamite!

Comment

If a person is traveling at the posted speed limit it is not against the law to drive in whatever lane they want to. It is a courtesy to move to the right lane to allow another to pass but the legal violation would be impeding traffic and a person would have to go below the maximum speed limit to impede traffic. I checked with our prosecutors and they said there is no valid law "right lane for passing only". Said there is no set distance or time set for overtaking another vehicle therefore every vehicle could possibly be overtaking another vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            Passed 5 lefty cruisers this am heading to work. Luckily at 545 not many are on the road and they were easy passes in the right lane but reguardless I passed 5 idiots heading to work today
                            I see what you did there and I approve this message

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              If a person is traveling at the posted speed limit it is not against the law to drive in whatever lane they want to. It is a courtesy to move to the right lane to allow another to pass but the legal violation would be impeding traffic and a person would have to go below the maximum speed limit to impede traffic. I checked with our prosecutors and they said there is no valid law "right lane for passing only". Said there is no set distance or time set for overtaking another vehicle therefore every vehicle could possibly be overtaking another vehicle.
                              uh..
                              the post a couple above yours should clear up anything for you regarding the left lane, its use, and the law. look for the ones with the pictures.

but i agree with whatever shyster you asked.. " there is no valid law "right lane for passing only". "
                              Last edited by systemnt; 01-11-2018, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Funny how attitudes change as you age. I'm more than happy to move over and let you by even if I'm driving the posted speed limit. Like my dad used to say. "I'd rather have that fool in front of me instead of behind me."

Comment

Working...
                                X