No announcement yet.

Lake tawakoni Caddo creek unit hunting partner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been getting interested in bow hunting, plan on buying one in the next few weeks and practicing for next year.
    However, in the mean time does anyone know if these areas or other areas allow center fire rifles? If so, where? And what limitations?

Comment

Many, not all but many, of the public lands in Texas that allow rifle hunting are controlled by the Public Lands Permit issued by TPWD. I still call it Type II. That really is your best resource for your questions.

Tawakoni requires a Type II permit.

Comment

Okay, I called the head office and I spoke with (can't remember the names) but a warden then called another office and spoke to a nice sounding biologist. She said the deer will probably be in the mill creek/lake area.
        Anyone back that up?

Comment

Not sure but it's worth looking into, hit the Caddo creek unit Thursday and they aren't there

Comment

Yeah man I was in the unit 6 by that creek that runs into coffee mill lake. I saw a lot of tracks and rubs/rooted areas.
            I didn't know the area well and I got in before daylight. No blind or stand so I found an area where I could sit and watch a prospect area I'd seen on my way in with a flashlight. Kinda in a little ditch against a tree.
            I gave up on the spot once a few hunters blasted straight through and didn't see me.
            Decided I would scout a little. No movement other than squirrels and a few more hunters making the MOST noise. One was straight up taking a few loud steps then sipping whiskey. Lol
            If I go back I'm bringing a stand. Otherwise I'm trying some other areas.

Comment

Working...
            X