No announcement yet.

Panic at Home Depot before the cold front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it is going to be below freezing long enough in Boerne to cause much of a problem.

Comment

Tiny stream of water from faucets at each end of your house. Good to below zero. Jeez people, its not the end of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        Why are they buying pex???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Some plumber was prob buying some for a job. Some JA saw him, freaked out and grabbed some...snowball from there.
        Last edited by JeffJ; 11-10-2019, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I just spilled half a cold one covering faucets outside. That’s all I’m willing to invest in the deadly cold front, going in for a refill.

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
            I just spilled half a cold one covering faucets outside. That’s all I’m willing to invest in the deadly cold front, going in for a refill.
            My God Man, get out of there! Save yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
              My God Man, get out of there! Save yourself!
              I’m trying but low crawling with a Budlight in each hand ain’t as easy as it used to be ,

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                I got my outside faucet covers on. Ice age prep - done.
                Did that before the last one and have been too lazy to take them off so looks like I’m ready to go!

Comment

The humanities of it all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

We’ve got people here out ice fishing in much of the state as of Saturday, no reports of any exploding pipe fatalities, but I believe we lost one guy through the ice.

Comment

What ever happened to the whole “global warming” problem?

Comment

Originally posted by J-5 View Post
                        What ever happened to the whole “global warming” problem?
                        It converted to "Climate Change" so that any change in the weather can be blamed on man and carbon fuels.

Comment

I do nothing, & never once have, for 1 night of freezing weather. Never had a problem. If it'll be below freezing for 24+ hours straight, I'll drip some faucets. I've never even owned hose bib covers.
                          Why do people act like the ground, that'll melt any freezing precipitation on contact, will destroy their home? It takes days of below freezing weather to get the earth to freezing.
                          I just don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                            I do nothing, & never once have, for 1 night of freezing weather. Never had a problem. If it'll be below freezing for 24+ hours straight, I'll drip some faucets. I've never even owned hose bib covers.
                            Why do people act like the ground, that'll melt any freezing precipitation on contact, will destroy their home? It takes days of below freezing weather to get the earth to freezing.
                            I just don't get it.
                            Because panic sell faucet covers, and people go crazy. The apocalypse is here!

Comment

let one snowflake fall and it'll be pandemonium. people panicking over a few hour dip in temperature is quite entertaining though. I've been though the freeze of '83 in North Dakota without any shrapnel damage.

Comment

I went ahead and picked my habaneros. Just in case

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X