No announcement yet.

2019 Coyote Kill Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got this coyote today at 367 yards with the 22-250. I didn't have a range finder so I guessed he was at 400 and held a little lower than I was figuring I'd have to,to hit him at 400 in case I was misjudging the distance a little. Held over his head and squeezed the trigger. That 55 grain softpoint gave him a new haircut.

Attached Files

Comment

A buddy of mine shot one today.

Comment

My buddy shot another one this morning while deer huntin.

Comment

Shot last week. Nothing special, he came out, I shot him, he died.

Attached Files

Comment

One of my buddies called one in and shot it yesterday and my other buddy killed two more yesterday while deer huntin.

Comment

from a novice - I have a call and use it in south texas - tons of yotes.

Question is - when I activate the call - normally I go with a distressed cottontail. Should I leave it on that for the entire sit? Or should I change it up and switch to some other call? distressed jackrabbit or woodpecker? Also should I mix in yote calls with the distress calls? Thanks for the help

Comment

...pic is huge

Comment

Finally hit one!
                  Stalking pigs in Leon county, a pair came trotting by
                  The larger male was actually carrying a pigs head from one we killed last week.
                  Missed the second. I really unzipped him with a .270 so you should take my word. He’s dead.

BP

Comment

My buddy shot two more this morning. How he hasn't ran out of coyotes to shoot yet is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                      from a novice - I have a call and use it in south texas - tons of yotes.

Question is - when I activate the call - normally I go with a distressed cottontail. Should I leave it on that for the entire sit? Or should I change it up and switch to some other call? distressed jackrabbit or woodpecker? Also should I mix in yote calls with the distress calls? Thanks for the help
                      Sometimes I change it up,sometimes I don't. I get tired of hearing the same thing over and over so it's more for my benefit but it doesn't bother the coyotes either. I don't use coyote vocals much until breeding season. If they're pressured much I would try something different other than cottontail because that seems to be what they hear out of a call the most probably.

Comment

#384 shot deer hunting

Comment

# 385 Got me a fat-body this weekend while deer hunting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A5A03CEA-9B78-4539-8DBF-FC8EF883F0CE.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	24600545
                          Last edited by Etxbuckman; 12-01-2019, 09:48 PM.

Comment

..here's the pic for #380
                            Attached Files

Comment

#386 & 387

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

+3

Total 390

Comment

Working...
                                X