I need a good jerky recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a good jerky recipe

I need a jerky recipe that is made with ground meat. I hope soneone has a good one because i got a lot to make, so less hear them. Thanks.

This was posted by mikep453 a couple years ago:

VENISON OR BEEF JERKY

5LBS GROUND VENISON OR BEEF
    8 TBSP. SOY SAUCE
    1 TBSP. GARLIC SALT
    8 TBSP. LIQUID SMOKE
    1 TBSP. ONION SALT
    1-2 TBSP. BLACK PEPPER (depending on how much pepper you like)

Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Then pour the ingredients over the ground meat. Mix all ingredients and meat really well. Cover the container and marinate for approx. 48hrs. in the refrigerator. After 48 hours run the ground meat through the jerky gun and place on dehydrator racks. I cook it 4-6 hrs depending on the thickness of the strips. I usually take the meat off and let it sit for about an hour before I back it up and put it in the refrigerator. I sometimes add a spoonful of crushed red pepper or cayenne if I want to spice it up a bit. I’ve also mixed Worcestershire sauce in with good results also.
    (This recipe can also be done with 5lbs of thinly sliced meat. If you use sliced meat just pour the liquid over the meat, mix, and marinate.)
    Last edited by Burnadell; 12-26-2009, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Academy also has the spice packet kits for all kinds of jerky, pretty good stuff

Comment

Bolner's Fiesta Seasoning. They make a jerky seasoning. Sprinkle on and deydrate. You will not be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
        X