need a recipe for baking a ham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a recipe for baking a ham

i have a ham from a hog i shot last year. i would like to know if anyone has a good recipe for baking one?

I Mix O.J. concentrate and honey with wheat beer and pour that over my ham then smoke it with oak in the fire box.If there are leftovers my sons and their buddies polish them off the next day.Merry Christmas,Swamphunter

Comment

Marinate it overnight in a 50-50 mix of 7-up and beer with one bottle of zesty italian salad dressing. Right before you bake it mix 1 cup of honey and 1 stick of butter melted with cayenne pepper( to taste). Take an injection needle & inject the mixture into the ham in the center of the muscle near the bone. Pat the outside dry and lightly dust the outside with brown sugar and cinnamon. Some folks like to mix it with a little orange juice and brush it on, your preference. Take some pineapple rings and anchor them on the top with clove sticks. Cook it in a baking bag at 350 degrees till you get to 160 degrees in the core. Shut it off and let it set in the oven while you get everything else ready to go. It'll be a sweet lil treat! Enjoy

Comment

Working...
      X