Best deals on F-250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best deals on F-250

Hey guys, looks like I may be taking the plunge on a new truck soon and have a few questions. Looking for a white, crew cab, 4wd, 6.7 diesel. Lariat or well equipped XLT. Really would like a long bed, but they are few and far between.

-2019 or 2020? I know the new models have a 10 speed tranny. Worth it? Seems that's the main difference and several thousand more.

-order or just go with one off of a lot? I've heard pros and cons for both

-best deals? Seems that a bunch of folks recommend Holiday Ford in Whitesboro. I'm in DFW, but don't mind a drive for a good deal.

Thanks for the help! This will be my first new vehicle in a long time if I go for it. I'm still rocking my 2001 7.3 F-250

The new 10 spds are getting considerably better fuel mileage both towing and unloaded. The long bed has a 48 gal fuel tank vs the 32 (with only 28-29 usable) of the short bed crew. I would hold out for a long bed 2020.

Comment

Look at Bill Fick Ford in Huntsville. They have about 70 F-250s to choose from.

Comment

Bought my 350 from autonation ford in Katy. They were easy to deal with and gave me a great price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Call Michael Smith at Ford of Boerne.

I bought my Ford from these guys and they are great to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            The new 10 spds are getting considerably better fuel mileage both towing and unloaded. The long bed has a 48 gal fuel tank vs the 32 (with only 28-29 usable) of the short bed crew. I would hold out for a long bed 2020.
            They STILL haven't fixed this? I have a 2012, and its an issue on mine. 26 gallons, but even at 5 miles to empty, I can only get ~23 gallons in it.

OP, you likely already know this, but you are going to likely pay a premium for a long bed in a 3/4 ton. Lot's of people want them. You might check up north, like Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa for that set up. They are in much lower demand up there.
            Last edited by WItoTX; 02-27-2020, 07:13 AM. Reason: .

Comment

My 10spd is really nice and smooth, currently no issues at all. Truck gets good mileage as well. I didn't need the long bed so I can't comment on it, but the "short" bed is bigger than my 4 door 1/2 ton was so I feel like I have plenty. Whether long bed or short, make sure to get the ultimate tow package that comes with the camera system, it makes parking that sucker way easier.

I feel that Bill Fick or Autonation will give you some of the best prices you'll find. Autonation is not local to me but I had a deal worked with them when a local dealer called me back and asked what would it take. They ended up matching autonation and then some.

Comment

I would say Autonation of Ryan Ford, they seem to always have the best deals. If you can get a 2019 they will probably sell it to you at Cost. If you go to Autonation Katy let me know, I know the GM there.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  They STILL haven't fixed this? I have a 2012, and its an issue on mine. 26 gallons, but even at 5 miles to empty, I can only get ~23 gallons in it.

OP, you likely already know this, but you are going to likely pay a premium for a long bed in a 3/4 ton. Lot's of people want them. You might check up north, like Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa for that set up. They are in much lower demand up there.
                  I believe its a 34gal in the short beds but yea, I think it might still be somewhat a small issue? Maybe not too bad though. My DTE was showing I think about 90 miles on monday and I only got 27gal in it. If you do the "wait 30 seconds thing" and re-pump there is usually a whole nother gallon that fits after the initial shutoff... so 28 gals. If you figure I still had 5 gallons in there its close (90miles left at 18mpg equals 5 gals)

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

Yep. It’s on an issue on the long beds as well, but not as bothersome with 48 gallon tank. I’ve ran 18 miles past empty and still barely fit 45 gallons in it. I had a full 40 gal aux tank in the bed so I wasnt worried. I did it intentionally to see how far off the gauges were.

Mines a 17’ 350 LB by the way. Tanks haven’t changed for the 20s.

Comment

I'm going to be in the same boat in a few months, but I've been looking at the 7.3 gas motor instead of the diesel in the 3/4 ton. Post up what you find out there if you don't mind.

Comment

Check out Texas auto trader, they had some low milage models.Very easy to deal and trade with. No going back and forth BS. They give you a price, you pull your vehicle around to another area. Someone else Quotes you a price, no haggling. Sent them 4 pictures of my truck and they were 100 off from internet price to my good

Comment

It’s way better to buy a used one! Kinda like the one I have for sale in the forum! ��

Comment

How in the world are they legally able to advertise and charge for a larger fuel tank then what is actually in the truck?

Comment

Check out Leif Johnson Ford in Austin, talk to Wesley Staton
                              I just bought a new f 150 12K off sticker

Comment

Working...
                              X