No announcement yet.

NFL overtime rule rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well well well....the "cointoss determines the game winner" seems to be a flawed view according to the real numbers since the change to the current system....I guess the defense really does matter..

Click image for larger version

Name:	50578029_10218131410701981_6511496236955074560_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	24567953

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Clearly the NFL made a call to the sideline and had him lineup that way becaue they knew the interception was coming..
      Yep can’t let Brady go out with a game losing interception and tarnish his GOAT reputation. Got to keep him on a pedestal

On a side note....he torched the KC defense in OT. Three back to back 3rd & 10s and he puts it where it counts and it looked effortless.

Comment

Or just get rid of overtime. Both teams have had a whole game to win it. If they can't get it done after 4 quarters call it a tie

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Same. I wanted Brady to go home... not that I don't like him. I'm just ready for some new blood like this Mahomes kid.....or DAK! Please dear God just one more time before I leave this world..
          Yeah... in the years Manning was playing, I obviously HATED Brady. Acknowledged that he was good, but hated him. After a few years of reflection, I realize that he deserves the praise that he gets... He is a good QB in a very good system.

I'd like to have seen KC vs Saints. - I'd like to see the veteran QB from our great state line up against the newest QB from our great state!

BTW... speaking of defenses... as terrible as Wade was as a Head Coach... can we finally admit that as a DC, he gets teams into the playoffs/SB at an incredibly high rate!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post

On a side note....he torched the KC defense in OT. Three back to back 3rd & 10s and he puts it where it counts and it looked effortless.
            It was so obvious and typical Brady - Edelman that even ROMO called every single play correctly during that drive. "Look for Brady to hit Edelman in the middle of the field." Bam...

"Oh... Look... Gronk is lined up at the outside top... look for him to get the ball!" and..... we all know what happened. again. and. again.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Or just get rid of overtime. Both teams have had a whole game to win it. If they can't get it done after 4 quarters call it a tie
              Do they each get to play one half of the Super Bowl, or how would that work?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                It was so obvious and typical Brady - Edelman that even ROMO called every single play correctly during that drive. "Look for Brady to hit Edelman in the middle of the field." Bam...

"Oh... Look... Gronk is lined up at the outside top... look for him to get the ball!" and..... we all know what happened. again. and. again.
                I think Romo is the greatest football commentator ever. I have seen him do exactly what you are talking about to several offenses over the year. It makes it interesting when he tells you what is fixing to happen, not what he thinks is fixing to happen or what just happened, like most commentators

Comment

Without reading every post on this thread...this may have already been brought up.
                  If the Chief's would have won the coin toss and went down and scored a touchdown and won the game instead of the Patriots, would anyone be screaming about how terrible the NFL overtime rule is????? The screaming for change sounds like it could be interchangeable with New England Patriots & Tom Brady hatred. What do you guys think?? Am I crazy for thinking this?

Comment

Originally posted by DWV015 View Post
                    Without reading every post on this thread...this may have already been brought up.
                    If the Chief's would have won the coin toss and went down and scored a touchdown and won the game instead of the Patriots, would anyone be screaming about how terrible the NFL overtime rule is????? The screaming for change sounds like it could be interchangeable with New England Patriots & Tom Brady hatred. What do you guys think?? Am I crazy for thinking this?

You should read the thread...

Comment

Of course not, I’m from Whitehouse

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                        I'm fine with the OT rules. As stated, it used to be sudden death and even a field goal on the opening drive won the game. Back then, it really came down to a coin toss.

Now the rule is TD wins, but field goal, the other team gets the ball and can match the field goal or score TD for the win. I'm fine with it.

Oh and don't blame the Pats win on OT rules. Blame it on one idiot that decided to line up in the neutral zone. That play would have ended the game.
                        Yep !!!

Comment

I would rather see the rules on what can be reviewed changed instead of the overtime rule. If they can review a helmet to helmet contact, why can they not review the roughing the passer call when all that was touched on the QB was his shoulder pad. And in the NO game, the missed interference or helmet to helmet call, make your pick on that play.

Comment

I wanted Mahomes and the Chiefs to win the game. Sure, it would have been great if they'd won the toss and went down and scored a touchdown to win the game instead of the Patriots. But in that scenario, again in my opinion, the Patriots should have a chance to answer with an offensive possession.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                              Do they each get to play one half of the Super Bowl, or how would that work?

Co- Champions

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

No joke, he sure has a knack for knowing what play is coming. Kinda makes you wonder if we will be seeing him Take some sort of coaching gig one day.

Comment

Working...
                                X