Protecting your work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protecting your work

Most shots I post or host at flickr are everyday, sharing shots. There might be a shot or two I'm proud enough to protect though. How can this be done on the hosting sites?

Water mark?

Comment

Flickr gives you that option to change your sharing preferences.

A high tech trick that pro's use.....You can copy your EXIF data which can be altered to include personal information, and then enter it into a Google alert -- that way if anyone posts it Google will find it for you and let you know via email. I don't remember the exact details, but I read about it on POTN -- I think it was the guy on there that shoots lots of concerts -- Dwight McCann.

Also this is an option (if money is no object)

Comment

good question

All my flickr images are licensed with creative commons license but it has been a while since I have read up on it. (we all have this option)

In the off chance an image was being used for pay, this gives me the legal legs to claim my work and the coin.

Comment

Rod I see digimarc as a plugin for PSE.

Steven I was wondering about flickr license. I'll have to look into that.

Thanks y'all.

Comment

Bill, I added you as a contact on flickr. Since you have helped me so much on here. I hope that's alright. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X