Got him down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got him down!

Well to say he was my number 1 target would be a semi fib. He was my dads, as I was attempting desperatly to get him on this buck. Unfortunately for my dad, he shot the wrong buck the day before, leaving me to go after the #1 on our hit list. Shucks!
    Trying to find time to bow hunt while building a house, juggling my 2 young boys, and the farm had been a interesting task. I did get to hunt with my bow with my 5 yr old a few times and never saw this, or any shooter bucks. Fast forward to Dec 11th, I was busy all day on the farm and had to pick the 3 yr old up at 15:00 and the 5yr old at 15:45, leaving 15 min to get to the lease and settled in. Not going to be bowhuning this trip.. I loaded the gator and all the gear needed to amuse a 3 yr old in the blind. I also took the batteried out of his play gun that he had to take. Got the boys and made the long 10 minute drive to the lease. Just terrible, I know. Lol. We packed in and settled into the windmill blind where I have had multiple pictures of this buck for the past week. The 5 yr old is well mannered when it comes to hunting, but his brother is still learning. The feeder went off 20 minutes after we arrived and the boys were picking out every doe filing in just waiting to say "daddy, buck". After #9 slick head came in, the little one was becoming impatient. At that point I see antler through the brush. "Boys buck! Shhhhh" lol, now whose the kid. . As I looked with the binoculars it was no doubt who he was. What's the odd, the first buck to arrive was the big 10. My heart started to pound as I took a second, wishing I had set a pop up and was bow hunting. Then coming back to reality knowing that was impossible with the youngest. Seeing the excitement on their faces, I had no further doubts about picking up the boom stick. I glanced at Greyson, my 5yr old, and will never forget the excited face he had. Hunter, my 3yr old, was still aiming his play gun up trying to shoot pretend deer from the floor of the blind. The floor is the best place for a restless child. I told him, as I was raising my gun, to crawl in the chair with his brother. This was a true test of patience. Slick heads had us locked down while the big guy casually scarfed down corn behind them. It was the longest 30 second ever as I anticipated the does to run everything off. As soon as Hunter was settled in and both had their "ear muscles" on, its what they call ear muffs, I settled in for the shot. He ate in and out of does until finally cleared. BAWHOOOM! The beast hit the ground. I though I was watching a pro tv show after they shoot a big buck, my boys lit up with excitement like I've never seen. The high fives and hugs were on. We gave him a few minutes until they couldnt take it any longer. They ran down the lane to where he laid and using all their might, they picked up the head and started posing. What a great memory God blessed me with to sit with both my boys and kill my biggest buck to date. It may not have been with a bow like I prefer, but I wouldn't change a thing. 5.5+ scoring 149
    Attached Files

I tried to upload more photos, but most wouldn't work.

Comment

Great Deer

Comment

Awesome write up! Enjoy that time and congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool! What a great experience with your sons.

Comment

You made some great memories for those kids and you. Great buck too! Congrats!

Comment

Better ending to your hunt with 2 kiddos than mine!

Congratulations!

Comment

Nice buck but the smiles and getting those young boys in the woods to experience it with you is the best part!

Comment

Couldnt agree more. The best part is both boys were there with me.

Comment

Nice work and awesome experience with ur kiddos. Congrats Sir!

Comment

Awesome work and with your boys!

Comment

Impressive for sure.

Comment

Good job Dad! High five! Nice buck.

Comment

Awesome!!!! Congrats!!

Comment

That's what it's about! Glad you were able to take him with your sidekicks. Nice buck, congrats!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X