Ford egr delete???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford egr delete???

Just bought a 2006 f250 with 6.0 powerstroke and was thinking about doing the egr delete just for the reason I've heard so much about it.. Is there any negative effect you get cause of this long or short term?? Is it worth doing in your opinion..??

Randal, I've got an 2006 6.0 and I've done a lot of reading on them, granted message board type stuff. Most recommend no to the EGR delete, Bulletproof makes a replacement that is supposed to be well- Bulletproof and retains the emissions.

The other recommendations have been to put a set of gauges on the truck to monitor Oil and Water temp as what usually happens is either the oil cooler or EGR cooler becomes clogged. I put a ScanGauge on mine. The other opinions are to replace the Motorcraft Gold coolant with a Green coolant, and run a coolant filter. Checkout Dieselstop.com

Comment

Thanks for the info! Ill look into it.. I don't mind getting whatever I need to get.. I just want to keep it as stock as I can but most important I want to make this last as long as I can.. It's not new or anything but was still a lot of money for me..

Comment

Ford egr delete???

I'm no expert by any means but my mechanic, that was a Ford service manager for around 12 years ('98-'10), recommends deleting. I've got an '07 F350 that started getting a clogged EGR valve. After blowing (cleaning) it out twice, he put a new valve on because he had a spare brand new one laying around; but he said that once it goes out, and it WILL go out, he'd do a delete. He said not to bother with any other option.

Since he keeps just about every farmer/rancher's diesel running in our area, and our wives are best friends and he's about 1/3 cost of the dealership, I'm going to listen to him and get the delete.

---
        I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.259212,-99.463563

Comment

Ford egr delete???

I wish I would have done my delete during my first head gasket job.

Also may consider addressing injectors and high pressure oil pump.

Comment

I would delete it and put an new oil cooler and SCT tuner so no codes. It lowers EGTs by almost 300 and turbo spools so much better. Who wants to blow soot into there engine everything gets clogged and sticky! I work on these trucks all day long everyone I do this for is so happy. This engine can be awesome but takes some money to get there head studs is in ur future too if h plan on keeping it. Good luck in whatever u do!!!

Comment

Yeah I had a 6.0 I sold two years ago cause I had a lot of issues but I also realize that a lot was self inflicted.. When I got it I was around 19 put a edge chip on it and drive it like a race car.. Now I'm 25 learned a lot and just want to make it last so that's why I'm trying to do what needs to be done for preventative problems but don't need it to be fast or anything like that.. I guess you live and learn..

Comment

After spending thousands to fix mine only to have more problems I finally cured my 6.0 by buying a Chevy.

Comment

Ive worked on them before........best all around fix and most cost efficient is sell it
                  and buy a 7.3 stoke. Hands down more power and not to mention most reliable diesel ever made.

Comment

Well selling is not an option considering I bought it Friday.. Therefore I'm trying to do the most I can to prevent what I can..

Comment

Ford egr delete???

If you have egr problems find the source most of the time the oil cooler. If you replace one do the other.

Comment

Definitely get yourself an EGR block. River City Diesel gets good reviews on most of the powerstroke forums.

$210.

You'll need a tuner to get rid of the CEL to pass an inspection.

Comment

I've had mine replaced once. Mechanic at the dealer said to delete it, even though they're not allowed to do that since they're a dealer.

Comment

I did the cooler delete on my 6.4 only for piece of mind, since I know people who were having radiator replacements out of warranty. Also used the sct tuner. All is well so far.

Comment

If your going to keep it go ahead and get the "delete kit". It will eliminate EGR,Oil cooler and go ahead and re-stud the head and a new head gasket! Thats the best thing you can do to a 6.0 ford. If you pay someone to do it, shop around you should pay around $5,500-6,500.

Comment

Working...
                              X