Lease Prices over a decade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
    I RARELY see anything below $2,000 now. I probably just need to get over it and pay it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I understand it’s definitely went up on prices, I think your correct probably not being anything out there nowadays below the 2000 $ mark
    Hopefully you find something good

Comment

The price is only going one direction. I was looking at trucks a month ago. Huffed and puffed about the cost but in the end I realized it's either get off the wallet and pay or forget the whole thing.

Comment

I hear ya and it's been on my mind for a while. I hunt a very very modestly priced little 300 acres to myself. It was a great lease for quite some time producing 3 130 class deer in 4 years (a trophy where I hunt). More and more people are helping me out by shooting young deer and lots of does. I see half the deer I'd see just 3 years ago and can't seem to keep a legal buck alive past Thanksgiving.

I've thought hard about getting into a nice lease of good size and herd management. Then when you add fuel, time and feed to the $3K lease I think perhaps I'll stay where I'm at and put that money into a guided hunt of some type each year or every other year.

Comment

Yes, goal in the next 5 years is to have a place of my own

Comment

You see these complaints regularly on here. However I own and lease land to hunt. The $3200 I spend on the lease is about a third of what I spent on property improvements last year. I'm over 5K on the property this year. That's after the 60K initial investment. I like having a good lease. I work extra jobs to be sure I can afford it.

Comment

I have bought 4 places since 1990, still have 3 of them, land was a lot cheaper back then but it is all relative for the most part. I think for most folks the lease is the way to go, 5000 dollars is a lot of money but it also allows you and your family to have a lot of fun and family time.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                Yup pretty expensive. But I couldn't afford to buy a multi million dollar ranch to run around on and use as my own ever. So for $3-4K a year shared with couple buddies I am able to do that. Its a family decision as well. My wife and kids know that we miss out on a few things so that we can afford to pay that lease fee. But in the end its the best thing for us and what we want to do.
                Yep I have looked at buying but being limited to 200 +/- acres when I can pay a lease for access to thousands is hard to swallow.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                  Yep I have looked at buying but being limited to 200 +/- acres when I can pay a lease for access to thousands is hard to swallow.

But most lease’s they give you a area which is typically 100-200 acres anyways. Unless the lease is just free range and you can hunt wherever.

Comment

I grew up hunting in Rosevelt, Tx from 2000-2009 we then left our lease to join a lease in Sonora, Tx that we lost within 3 years due to the land owner passing and his son inheriting and selling.

I recently started out trying to come in contact with the landowner of the lease in Rosevelt I grew up hunting as a kid/teen. We had 750 acres paying $750 a person for 9 years. After going through many contacts I finally got the landowners number. I reached out to him seeing if he is still leasing out the multiple properties he has and he told me yes and remembered my family from 10 years ago. I asked if he has any openings and he said yes but much has changed that now he charges $3,300 a gun. My mind is absolutely blown on just how much deer lease pricing has changed over the last 10 years.
                    It sucks not being able to find a place to hunt anymore simply due to the outrageous pricing of leases now. If I am unable to find a deer lease with a reasonably price it looks like I may be switching to public land and Texas Parks and Wildlife drawn hunts then buying a small property to hunt when I have the money for it.
                    Has anybody else seen a property price rise on pricing so extreme as this?

or for $3,000,000 you could just buy it. Your monthly payments would only be about $21,500.00....or pay 275/mth and just lease it

Comment

It’s crazy man. We’re really lucky to still pay the same amount we paid when we got our place 13 years ago. I prepare myself for an increase every year but so far we’ve been lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                        or for $3,000,000 you could just buy it. Your monthly payments would only be about $21,500.00....or pay 275/mth and just lease it

Or purchase 100-250 acres for $350,000.
                        Since that’s all you are allowed to hunt on the 2,000 acre lease anyways.
                        You are technically leasing a spot not the entire ranch. So you are paying $3,000 a year for 200 acres

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                          Yup pretty expensive. But I couldn't afford to buy a multi million dollar ranch to run around on and use as my own ever. So for $3-4K a year shared with couple buddies I am able to do that. Its a family decision as well. My wife and kids know that we miss out on a few things so that we can afford to pay that lease fee. But in the end its the best thing for us and what we want to do.
                          This is exactly how I look at it and what we do.

Comment

once we lose our lease Im just going to do the 1500 "Management buck" and doe combo on these trophy ranches. Most of the management buck they kill are bigger than anything ive ever seen on our place. Sucks to only hunt one time a season but for a 3K lease plus feed and driving you will be a least 4K into it.

Comment

I think the only way to drive down the demand/prices for leases is to suppress the product. For example; only post pictures of your culls. If I only see pictures of spike bucks coming from the Hill Country, I would look else where. But it's too late, the secret is out.

Comment

Or purchase 100-250 acres for $350,000.
                                Since that’s all you are allowed to hunt on the 2,000 acre lease anyways.
                                You are technically leasing a spot not the entire ranch. So you are paying $3,000 a year for 200 acres

True. Note on that 200 is about 69000.00 a year.

Point is, hunting brings in a very very small portion of what is needed to operate such a place.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X