Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2018, 10:27 AM   #11051
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Last day at my job is the 24th, Im gonna head back out to Granger for a few days after that and dodge snakes to see if I can finally stick one!
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-16-2018, 10:37 AM   #11052
Sneaky
Pope & Young
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Marcos
Hunt In: Hays, Milam, Caldwell, Hamilton, Burnet, Williamson, Bastrop
Default

LOLOLOL at anyone saying the hogs are running out or hard to come by. There are THOUSANDS of them out there, you just need to be smart and look for sign. If there's no fresh sign, don't sit around hoping to get lucky - move somewhere else.

Look at the Granger map and ask yourself one simple question: "If I were a hog and I wanted to be
in the spot that was the most awful to get to for a human, where would I go?

That's where they're going to be.

I can go out there any day I want and get on hogs, not because I'm God's gift to hunting, but because I put in the work, hike the distance, and go where everyone else doesn't want to go. For all you new blood just learning Granger, let me assure you - they're there! Go find 'em, and when you do, don't post up on the internet for every fat, lazy hunter to see! Keep it between you and your closest friends, and I guarantee you will be filling the freezer before you know it!
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-16-2018, 10:59 AM   #11053
HunterT
Nubbin' Buck
 
HunterT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Default

Is it legal to use an electronic call like a fox pro to hunt coyotes at granger?
HunterT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #11054
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
LOLOLOL at anyone saying the hogs are running out or hard to come by. There are THOUSANDS of them out there, you just need to be smart and look for sign. If there's no fresh sign, don't sit around hoping to get lucky - move somewhere else.

Look at the Granger map and ask yourself one simple question: "If I were a hog and I wanted to be
in the spot that was the most awful to get to for a human, where would I go?

That's where they're going to be.

I can go out there any day I want and get on hogs, not because I'm God's gift to hunting, but because I put in the work, hike the distance, and go where everyone else doesn't want to go. For all you new blood just learning Granger, let me assure you - they're there! Go find 'em, and when you do, don't post up on the internet for every fat, lazy hunter to see! Keep it between you and your closest friends, and I guarantee you will be filling the freezer before you know it!
There ain't no hogs out there

Don't be taking all the credit when Navy Chief showed you all you know
bloodtrailer28 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-16-2018, 02:57 PM   #11055
Sneaky
Pope & Young
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Marcos
Hunt In: Hays, Milam, Caldwell, Hamilton, Burnet, Williamson, Bastrop
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
There ain't no hogs out there

Don't be taking all the credit when Navy Chief showed you all you know
Haha!!! Hey you rascal, I already had about 3-4 under my belt before he and I became buddies!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-16-2018, 03:21 PM   #11056
Danimal14
Ten Point
 
Danimal14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: pflugerville
Hunt In: anywhere freinds will take me and granger phl
Default

Over 1 million views on this thread...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
Danimal14 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2018, 03:38 PM   #11057
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
Haha!!! Hey you rascal, I already had about 3-4 under my belt before he and I became buddies!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Figured you'd get a kick out of that! NC def knows his stuff out there and pretty good guy to....well the last part may be a little bit of a stretch.
bloodtrailer28 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #11058
Sneaky
Pope & Young
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Marcos
Hunt In: Hays, Milam, Caldwell, Hamilton, Burnet, Williamson, Bastrop
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
Figured you'd get a kick out of that! NC def knows his stuff out there and pretty good guy to....well the last part may be a little bit of a stretch.
Can it be deer season yet??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2018, 12:32 PM   #11059
Speedgoat
Pope & Young
 
Speedgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Jarrell
Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
LOLOLOL at anyone saying the hogs are running out or hard to come by. There are THOUSANDS of them out there, you just need to be smart and look for sign. If there's no fresh sign, don't sit around hoping to get lucky - move somewhere else.

Look at the Granger map and ask yourself one simple question: "If I were a hog and I wanted to be
in the spot that was the most awful to get to for a human, where would I go?

That's where they're going to be.

I can go out there any day I want and get on hogs, not because I'm God's gift to hunting, but because I put in the work, hike the distance, and go where everyone else doesn't want to go. For all you new blood just learning Granger, let me assure you - they're there! Go find 'em, and when you do, don't post up on the internet for every fat, lazy hunter to see! Keep it between you and your closest friends, and I guarantee you will be filling the freezer before you know it!
So many pigs that a quiver of arrows isn't enough!! That's ok, I usually find 1 or 2 arrows every trip, lol
Speedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2018, 04:33 PM   #11060
Schultz1503
Four Point
 
Schultz1503's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Buda ,Texas
Hunt In: Granger WMA and central Texas area and beyond!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedgoat View Post
So many pigs that a quiver of arrows isn't enough!! That's ok, I usually find 1 or 2 arrows every trip, lol


So true


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schultz1503 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2018, 12:31 PM   #11061
JWeaver2
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default

Hey so I am new to bow hunting/hog hunting and I wanted to get out there to Granger and get boots on the ground before I posted on this thread so I went the other day and put about 7 miles in walking around. I saw some good signs a couple of wallers and tracks on the side of creek beds. Almost went full draw on some Armadillo. But my question is what is the plan of attack when you see these wallers? do you find a good spot to sit and wait it out? Do the hogs usually come back to the same waller? Or do you just wonder around until you stumble across a blind deaf hog that cant smell. I am trying to get some bow hunting experience because I am going on an Elk hunt in CO this year. Anyway if someone is willing to show me the ropes and do some hog hunting let me know I work offshore on oil rigs so I have 3 weeks off at a time and next week is pretty wide open for me. I am willing to get in the thick stuff and put the miles in.
JWeaver2 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2018, 11:32 AM   #11062
Schultz1503
Four Point
 
Schultz1503's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Buda ,Texas
Hunt In: Granger WMA and central Texas area and beyond!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWeaver2 View Post
Hey so I am new to bow hunting/hog hunting and I wanted to get out there to Granger and get boots on the ground before I posted on this thread so I went the other day and put about 7 miles in walking around. I saw some good signs a couple of wallers and tracks on the side of creek beds. Almost went full draw on some Armadillo. But my question is what is the plan of attack when you see these wallers? do you find a good spot to sit and wait it out? Do the hogs usually come back to the same waller? Or do you just wonder around until you stumble across a blind deaf hog that cant smell. I am trying to get some bow hunting experience because I am going on an Elk hunt in CO this year. Anyway if someone is willing to show me the ropes and do some hog hunting let me know I work offshore on oil rigs so I have 3 weeks off at a time and next week is pretty wide open for me. I am willing to get in the thick stuff and put the miles in.


For most the season to hunt Hog has passed ,the snakes are out in full force , the Bush is growing thick as well ticks are waiting for you too. End of summer is when I start up be careful out there guys do get bit.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schultz1503 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2018, 11:36 AM   #11063
JWeaver2
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultz1503 View Post
For most the season to hunt Hog has passed ,the snakes are out in full force , the Bush is growing thick as well ticks are waiting for you too. End of summer is when I start up be careful out there guys do get bit.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yea I went yesterday and jumped 2 hogs but yes it is pretty thick. Didnít see any snakes also wasnít looked by for them... saw a lot of deer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JWeaver2 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2018, 11:44 AM   #11064
Schultz1503
Four Point
 
Schultz1503's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Buda ,Texas
Hunt In: Granger WMA and central Texas area and beyond!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWeaver2 View Post
Yea I went yesterday and jumped 2 hogs but yes it is pretty thick. Didnít see any snakes also wasnít looked by for them... saw a lot of deer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Donít forget about the ragweed that **** will give you itchy and bubbly looking rash for weeks and need meds for it. If you get a Hog they will be covered with ticks and lice lol i poured alcohol on the last Hog I got and lit those ****ers on a quick fire before I touch that pig


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schultz1503 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2018, 11:53 AM   #11065
JWeaver2
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default

Ok thanks for the heads up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JWeaver2 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2018, 12:46 PM   #11066
Briar Friar
Ten Point
 
Briar Friar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Texas
Hunt In: San Gabriel, Colorado and Rio Grande watersheds
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultz1503 View Post
Donít forget about the ragweed that **** will give you itchy and bubbly looking rash for weeks and need meds for it. If you get a Hog they will be covered with ticks and lice lol i poured alcohol on the last Hog I got and lit those ****ers on a quick fire before I touch that pig


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The lice on the hogs has been brought up before and I think NC has said before that those lice are ďHog LiceĒ?...err something err other...and do not feed on humans.

Did you literally burn the whole dead pig? Any chicharrones?
Briar Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2018, 12:49 PM   #11067
Briar Friar
Ten Point
 
Briar Friar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Texas
Hunt In: San Gabriel, Colorado and Rio Grande watersheds
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal14 View Post
Over 1 million views on this thread...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
Yee Hawg!

A billion views by next year! A brazilian views the year after that!
Briar Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2018, 12:59 PM   #11068
Schultz1503
Four Point
 
Schultz1503's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Buda ,Texas
Hunt In: Granger WMA and central Texas area and beyond!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar Friar View Post
The lice on the hogs has been brought up before and I think NC has said before that those lice are ďHog LiceĒ?...err something err other...and do not feed on humans.



Did you literally burn the whole dead pig? Any chicharrones?


Correct they donít feed on humans buttttttt they will crawl on u lol and yes I do itís a flash of fire but kills the ticks too gets the Hog ready to be skinned and gutted.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schultz1503 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2018, 10:37 AM   #11069
Rat
Ten Point
 
Rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bertram
Default

Sounds to me like Shultz is trying to scare everyone away from his favorite hunting spot! Stay away from Granger, that place will kill you man!
Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2018, 11:29 PM   #11070
Schultz1503
Four Point
 
Schultz1503's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Buda ,Texas
Hunt In: Granger WMA and central Texas area and beyond!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat View Post
Sounds to me like Shultz is trying to scare everyone away from his favorite hunting spot! Stay away from Granger, that place will kill you man!


donít get me started on the killer Granger clown that roams the woods


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schultz1503 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2018, 07:01 PM   #11071
NAVY CHIEF
Ten Point
 
NAVY CHIEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HUTTO, TX
Hunt In: GRANGER LAKE, TX 25 YEARS/COLORADO 3 YEARS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
Figured you'd get a kick out of that! NC def knows his stuff out there and pretty good guy to....well the last part may be a little bit of a stretch.
Thats not nice! Lol
NAVY CHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-12-2018, 08:13 PM   #11072
Schultz1503
Four Point
 
Schultz1503's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Buda ,Texas
Hunt In: Granger WMA and central Texas area and beyond!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
Thats not nice! Lol





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schultz1503 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 06:55 PM   #11073
Neano
Ten Point
 
Neano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hutto
Hunt In: Trickham and Granger Lake
Default

Big thanks out to who ever paved and put in the PVC ramp at the primitive launch. Worked well for getting my canoe in the water Wednesday.
Neano is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2018, 12:02 PM   #11074
Danimal14
Ten Point
 
Danimal14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: pflugerville
Hunt In: anywhere freinds will take me and granger phl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neano View Post
Big thanks out to who ever paved and put in the PVC ramp at the primitive launch. Worked well for getting my canoe in the water Wednesday.


Dang thatís awesome gonna have to check it out. Got any pics


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Danimal14 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2018, 12:06 PM   #11075
AdventureBoy
Eight Point
 
AdventureBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Round Rock
Hunt In: Granger, Somerville, Luminant
Default

Bought **** time they fixed that. Good enough for a jonboat and trailer or just to the water's edge?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
AdventureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2018, 10:13 PM   #11076
hopedale
Ten Point
 
hopedale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Williamson county
Hunt In: WMAs
Default

The guy responsible for the improvement at the primitive boat launch is named Travis Shedd.

A bunch of us put in for cement and such. But he did most of the organizing and work.

Here is his profile on FB

https://www.facebook.com/travis.shedd.3

He even got a wench donated and someone welded it on. But in chatting with him said the wench needs a longer strap.

Last edited by hopedale; 05-24-2018 at 10:16 PM.
hopedale is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2018, 07:36 AM   #11077
Neano
Ten Point
 
Neano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hutto
Hunt In: Trickham and Granger Lake
Default

Yeah the straps a bit short. For a canoe I think it's easier just pulling it up the ramp rather than cranking it. For something heavier like a Jon boat I could see it being nice. I didn't take any pics. I'm gonna try to get out there sometime this week and I'll get some.
Neano is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-30-2018, 02:45 AM   #11078
Speedgoat
Pope & Young
 
Speedgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Jarrell
Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedale View Post
The guy responsible for the improvement at the primitive boat launch is named Travis Shedd.

A bunch of us put in for cement and such. But he did most of the organizing and work.

Here is his profile on FB

https://www.facebook.com/travis.shedd.3

He even got a wench donated and someone welded it on. But in chatting with him said the wench needs a longer strap.
Travis is good people. My wife donated funds to the project. She and Travis go way back.
Speedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2018, 08:14 PM   #11079
Archer23
Ten Point
 
Archer23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Hunt In: Anywhere I can, primarily Granger
Default

This thread has hit 1 million views.
Unbelievable. You guys are awesome!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Archer23 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2018, 08:17 PM   #11080
Archer23
Ten Point
 
Archer23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Hunt In: Anywhere I can, primarily Granger
Default

Admins. Do I get a shirt or something for driving 1m in views to the site?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Archer23 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 01:32 PM   #11081
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer23 View Post
Admins. Do I get a shirt or something for driving 1m in views to the site?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe one that says
"I ruined Granger and all I Got Was This Lousy Shirt"

I kid... I'm a Granger noob so I cant really talk anyway hahaha
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 01:45 PM   #11082
Sneaky
Pope & Young
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Marcos
Hunt In: Hays, Milam, Caldwell, Hamilton, Burnet, Williamson, Bastrop
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
Maybe one that says
"I ruined Granger and all I Got Was This Lousy Shirt"

I kid... I'm a Granger noob so I cant really talk anyway hahaha


Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 05:10 PM   #11083
Dirtymike
Pope & Young
 
Dirtymike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Hunt In: granger, victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
Maybe one that says
"I ruined Granger and don't even live in Texas, all I Got Was This Lousy Shirt"

I kid... I'm a Granger noob so I cant really talk anyway hahaha
Jerk
Dirtymike is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2018, 04:58 PM   #11084
Speedgoat
Pope & Young
 
Speedgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Jarrell
Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.
Default

Granger would be nice right about now. I am ready for November to hurry up and get here.
Speedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2018, 02:20 PM   #11085
Danimal14
Ten Point
 
Danimal14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: pflugerville
Hunt In: anywhere freinds will take me and granger phl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedale View Post
The guy responsible for the improvement at the primitive boat launch is named Travis Shedd.

A bunch of us put in for cement and such. But he did most of the organizing and work.

Here is his profile on FB

https://www.facebook.com/travis.shedd.3

He even got a wench donated and someone welded it on. But in chatting with him said the wench needs a longer strap.


Looks good thanks Travis ....



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Danimal14 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2018, 08:31 AM   #11086
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oatmeal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
Maybe one that says
"I ruined Granger and all I Got Was This Lousy Shirt"

I kid... I'm a Granger noob so I cant really talk anyway hahaha
Lol that was pretty good
bloodtrailer28 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2018, 08:48 AM   #11087
Briar Friar
Ten Point
 
Briar Friar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Texas
Hunt In: San Gabriel, Colorado and Rio Grande watersheds
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
Maybe one that says
"I ruined Granger...got stalked...and all I Got Was This Lousy Shirt and a new TBH screen name"
CROD rules!

Yee Hawg!
Briar Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 01:50 AM   #11088
Speedgoat
Pope & Young
 
Speedgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Jarrell
Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.
Default

I find myself daydreaming today about running an arrow through Shezilla. That is what I have named her. She is dark colored with big floppy ears and a belly that almost touches the ground. Biggest sow I have ever seen. Bigger than any boar I have seen at Granger. I have seen her twice now. She will go every bit of 300. I have killed enough pigs to know that. I am going to hunt her religiously when I get home. I think I know exactly where she spends most of her time. I wish hunting at night was legal at Granger.
Speedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 12:25 PM   #11089
forest-hunter
Eight Point
 
forest-hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Sam
Default

Has anyone killed any pigs up there recently? I think I will try it out soon.
forest-hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 12:29 PM   #11090
Sneaky
Pope & Young
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Marcos
Hunt In: Hays, Milam, Caldwell, Hamilton, Burnet, Williamson, Bastrop
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedgoat View Post
I find myself daydreaming today about running an arrow through Shezilla. That is what I have named her. She is dark colored with big floppy ears and a belly that almost touches the ground. Biggest sow I have ever seen. Bigger than any boar I have seen at Granger. I have seen her twice now. She will go every bit of 300. I have killed enough pigs to know that. I am going to hunt her religiously when I get home. I think I know exactly where she spends most of her time. I wish hunting at night was legal at Granger.
Don't talk about Bho's hookup last weekend like that!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 12:29 PM   #11091
JWeaver2
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default

I went out a couple of times this past month but didnít get it done. I saw a lot of hogs they arenít moving until just before dark. I will be back in town middle of July and will be looking to go out if any one wants to join.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JWeaver2 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 12:29 PM   #11092
forest-hunter
Eight Point
 
forest-hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Sam
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedgoat View Post
I find myself daydreaming today about running an arrow through Shezilla. That is what I have named her. She is dark colored with big floppy ears and a belly that almost touches the ground. Biggest sow I have ever seen. Bigger than any boar I have seen at Granger. I have seen her twice now. She will go every bit of 300. I have killed enough pigs to know that. I am going to hunt her religiously when I get home. I think I know exactly where she spends most of her time. I wish hunting at night was legal at Granger.
Good luck, I have begun to love chasing pigs, they eat great are hearty but lean, and more exciting than deer, I love when I start hearing them grunting and snorting.
forest-hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 12:30 PM   #11093
forest-hunter
Eight Point
 
forest-hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Sam
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWeaver2 View Post
I went out a couple of times this past month but didnít get it done. I saw a lot of hogs they arenít moving until just before dark. I will be back in town middle of July and will be looking to go out if any one wants to join.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's been my experience in east Texas lately.They come out just before dark.
forest-hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com