What's your favorite beat around gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite beat around gun?

I'm sure we all have at least one. It doesn't necessarily have to be the prettiest gun and most likely isn't. What's your favorite budget/beater/workhorse firearm that you keep around just in case something needs shot?

Heritage Manufacturing Rough Rider 22/22mag single action revolver is one that I've used more than just about any other for that.

my savage 110 243 or older marlin 3030

Comment

Savage Axis 30-06. It seems to be what I grab if I take a walk or see something in the pasture that needs shot.

Comment

Same as yours. Heritage Rough Rider with the .22LR cylinder installed most often.
        All the best,
        Glenn

Comment

Marlin 336 in 30-30 circa 1971.

Comment

H&R handi Rifle in 223. Killed more critters with it than all other guns combined

Comment

Remington 760 30-06

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
                Same as yours. Heritage Rough Rider with the .22LR cylinder installed most often.
                All the best,
                Glenn

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                I'm sure we all have at least one. It doesn't necessarily have to be the prettiest gun and most likely isn't. What's your favorite budget/beater/workhorse firearm that you keep around just in case something needs shot?

Heritage Manufacturing Rough Rider 22/22mag single action revolver is one that I've used more than just about any other for that.
                X3 on the Heritage. Most of the time this thing is never far from me. I’ve been known to swap out the cylinders on occasion....depending on whether it’s in the house, truck or 4 wheeler.

Comment

I've shot a lot of .22lr out of mine too. But it's really accurate with the .22mag cylinder in it. Definitely want to have ear plugs in shootin those .22mags out of it. That sucker is pretty noisy.

Comment

I gots me a little henry octagon barrel 22 mag thats always bumpin around the truck, jeep, or ranger. Love that rifle. Ive also got a Ithaca 22 mag/20gauge O/U that goes with me a lot

Comment

Up here there's been a few people that have had their vehicle shot up while they were stopped at a stop light. One kid was shot in the arm. Two incidents in less than a month.

I'm thinkin I'm gonna switch back to my 7.62x25 Tokarev to have with me when I ain't out in the country. I ain't lookin to shoot no two legged varmints. I ain't lookin to get shot up by none neither.

That .22mag will punch through an armadillo's shell pretty easy. It's a sad ordeal when you have to worry if your truck gun will shoot through a car door or windshield.
                      Last edited by okrattler; 06-24-2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Stevens 110e 30-06....bought it for a donor action, but until that day comes it’s serving a purpose as is.

jrg

Comment

Old beat up .410 stays in my ranch truck. Covers everything from snakes to hogs (with slug).

Comment

I'm surprised there haven't been any Hi-Point pistols or carbines mentioned yet. That new 10mm they came out with probably wouldn't be too bad to have for close range hogs and varmints.

Comment

Ditto on the Henry 22 mag

Comment

Working...
                              X