Game Cameras- is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Cameras- is it just me?

I will admit I do not buy top of the line game cameras (usu. try to stay around $80 or so) . But in looking back at older pics I have, it seems like my cameras back then took better pics than the cameras I have now. I thought maybe the IR flash , but even the daylight pics back then were much better. I do like that some of the newer cameras are easier to program, but I seem to get a lot of "bad" pics. A lot of glare photos when the sun is at a certain position, a lot of false triggers etc., But even when everything is ok, seems like the best pics on the newer cameras just don't compare with what I had on my older cameras.
    Thoughts? Maybe I just need to spend more?

I think it is you... no offense. You can find great quality cameras on Ebay and Amazon for $90-110. Your $80 cameras, if you are buying retail are prob $50 on Ebay or Amazon.

If you are having problems with glare your cameras are pointed the wrong direction. You need them pointed/facing North and that glare will be gone.

As far as better quality pics? I have several pics libraries from 2006 on and they are horrible compared to today's pics... the higher pixellation and wide views of today's cameras are light years ahead quality wise....not to mention "stealthier" with their night pics and better on batteries.

Comment

Browning Strike Force factory refurbish $85 on eBay.
      End of story.

Comment

Best camera ever made was the capture flash.

Comment

It’s you

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
            Browning Strike Force factory refurbish $85 on eBay.
            End of story.

A guy on our lease runs one
            They take great pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
              Best I ever had was the Moultrie M80. Ran it for five years or so, only reason it quit was it flooded. My brother is still running a couple and I think they are 6 or 7 years old.

Browning Strike Forces are my new favorite have some that are on their third year (I run them year round). Very user friendly and so far very durable.

Comment

Infrared cameras aren't good enough for what we do.

Comment

Which is what?

IR cameras are perfect for my sets.... running Moultrie M-80XTs and they won't die. When they die I'm going with more Browning Strike Force or Coverts

Comment

Yep. I had one and it was hands down the best. I gave it to my buddy a couple of years ago and it is still taking great pics for him.

Comment

The Brownings I bought a few years back have been the best cameras I've ever owned - and still are. In fact, I've never removed them from the woods since I bought them. I monitor my spots year round now. They take great pictures, and the battery life is WAY better than any other camera I've ever purchased. The Moultrie and Primos cameras I've owned in the past all went bad after a good rain, and the Moultrie cameras frequently took fuzzy or black pictures (flash didn't go off at night). They were just not waterproof / weather resistant the way they should be, and seldom lasted more than a season or two. I'll probably buy more Brownings the next time I need cameras.
                      All the best,
                      Glenn

Comment

They do ok for us working men.

Comment

We run WGI cameras. Got 6 out.
                          They're on their third year at this lease. Not sure how long on previous lease, probably 3 years..
                          They haven't died yet.

Comment

I have Brownings that have been on the same tree going on 4 years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Game cameras have come a long way in battery life, picture quality and trigger speed.There are some great Sub $100 cameras on the market right now and if you wait another 3 weeks you could catch some great deals. Between Browning, Moultrie and some WGI 8MP and above take great pictures and have battery life. I would look @ your set up if you are still not having luck

Comment

Working...
                              X