Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additional Lease Cost

Ok, you just got on your deer lease.

What other cost are there that you've found after you've joined a lease?

Fuel, corn, whiskey

Comment

Fuel for generator and community camp supplies.

Comment

Not that it was hidden, but an extra electricity bill is in play on my Menard lease.

The cost is divvied up amongst those pulling off what ever pole they are pulling from.

Comment

I feel like the list could be 10 pages long. There's SO many variables at play.

Comment

Lease cost is just a small part of the equation.
            Gas, feed, camp improvements, pasture improvements, electricity, pretty much a never ending expense.

Comment

Same for land owners...

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
              Lease cost is just a small part of the equation.
              Gas, feed, camp improvements, pasture improvements, electricity, pretty much a never ending expense.

Comment

Travel trailer, camp bathroom/shower, lease truck, fuel, blinds, feeders, feed pens, corn, cottonseed, rice bran, protein blocks. I spent at least $10,000 last year not counting the cost of the lease.
                Last edited by AntlerCollector; 01-21-2018, 07:08 PM.

Comment

We do a mass supply list just before the season that we split 6 ways
                  Besides that repairs on the cabin and any upgrade. Exsample bought a stove off a tbher and we split it. Next big upgrade is a washer and dryer.

Comment

Originally posted by 999 View Post
                    WHISKEY, Fuel, WHISKEY, corn, WHISKEY

Get your priorities in order Sir !

Comment

Stands and feeders, and maintenance on them. Gas to get back and forth, food while traveling and groceries at the lease, utilities at the cabin, processing costs if you go that route with your deer. Seed for food plots, gas for the tractor, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Put up a two new box blinds, two more pop up blinds, hog trap, improved the protein station. This year we plan to put up another protein station and possibly replace another box blind or two. Of course the cost for all of this is shared.
                        Remember, no matter what lease your on, there are always ways to improve it for all to enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Feed (protein & corn), generator gas, mowing,
                          Batteries for feeder and cameras.

Processing and taxi work are expensive.

BP

Comment

All depends on what type of lease you are on. But feed, fuel, supplies aren't cheap for sure! I think we are at about $500 a pound!

Comment

Working...
                            X