NASCAR at TMS Do's and Do not's ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NASCAR at TMS Do's and Do not's ??

I have never been to one and I can't go to the lease this weekend. Planning on taking my 9-year-old grandson.

Give me your do's and do not's.

Things to see and do before the race, radio rental, parking.

Thanks in advance.

Definitely need something to listen to the radio broadcast, I always just bring my own portable radio headset. Not sure how much headset rentals are now, used to be kinda expensive back in the heyday but you can actually listen to the team radios with them. Parking/traffic on the way out isn't as much of an issue as it used to be, plus the fall race is always lighter attendance due to opening of deer season.

Comment

I'll be there on Sunday. Only been once to Indy, so not much help on do's and don'ts. YOu can rent headset to listen to different drivers, and makes it more interesting I think.

Comment

Rent a scanner for sure, it makes the race more enjoyable to follow. If you don't rent, take hearing protection, especially for children. Get there a little early and enjoy the festivities outside along the front stretch. Pee between wrecks or the line will be long. Don't drink to much. BTW you can carry in a cooler with food and beverage although there are size restrictions. Boo as loud as you can when Kyle Busch is introduced and every time his name is mentioned. Go # 88

Comment

Yes the kiddos definitely need ear plugs, I know when they re-did the engine rules back in 2014 the cup cars were as loud as I've ever heard them at TMS, but still nothing compared to indy back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
            Rent a scanner for sure, it makes the race more enjoyable to follow. If you don't rent, take hearing protection, especially for children. Get there a little early and enjoy the festivities outside along the front stretch. Pee between wrecks or the line will be long. Don't drink to much. BTW you can carry in a cooler with food and beverage although there are size restrictions. Boo as loud as you can when Denny Hamlin is introduced and every time his name is mentioned. Go # 88
            Fify.

Go Harvick!!!! #4

Comment

Stay out of the campground with a 9 year old kid

Comment

Hearing protection.

Trailboss

Comment

Get there early and take him to the pits. You will both enjoy it.

Hearing protection is definitely a must for you both if you are sitting even remotely close to the track.

As mentioned, the November races are normally not very crowded due to it always being on opening weekend. Take a cooler with sandwiches and drinks (no alcohol). Should be able to find the regulations with a quick google search.

Avoid the "free camp grounds" with a youngin.

Comment

where are you coming from.. driving wise.. can give you some tips on avoiding traffic and parking issues.

Comment

Don't take the grandson to the infield until he's 18.

Or maybe 21......

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                        Rent a scanner for sure, it makes the race more enjoyable to follow. If you don't rent, take hearing protection, especially for children. Get there a little early and enjoy the festivities outside along the front stretch. Pee between wrecks or the line will be long. Don't drink to much. BTW you can carry in a cooler with food and beverage although there are size restrictions. Boo as loud as you can when Kyle Busch is introduced and every time his name is mentioned. Go # 88
                        This and I'll throw in, lets hope Kyle wrecks on lap 1. Check their web site for the cooler restrictions. If you bring drinks, no glass containers.

Comment

Is the campground really that bad anymore? I've heard its a lot tamer than it used to be.
                          Last edited by bossbowman; 11-03-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! I guess I will have to go back to the campground when I am alone

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                              Thanks for the tips! I guess I will have to go back to the campground when I am alone
                              Just sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X