Miniature Ozone Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miniature Ozone Generator

I bought this on Amazon because I figured I’d gamble on a $20 item. I’ve seen similar products at Academy for $40. Anyone ever used one? I’m washing clothes now. I’ll throw this in the plastic tote overnight and report back tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant help with that unit, but I bought a slightly larger unit (Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator) and used it in our travel trailer, and plan on rigging something up for holding hunting clothes.

Here is a link that discusses the unit I purchased. Snake oil, possibly, we will see.

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

Comment

Following

Comment

I'm interested in one of those miniature units that is battery powered, but the reviews are so mixed it's hard to make a choice.

I have had a Enerzen ozone generator for a few years now. It works great for deodorizing a space. I plug it in, and let it run. Works in car, home, cabin and I've even tossed it in my hunting tote with the lid on loosely to freshen up my clothes. I'm really happy with it, feel like it was a good investment

Comment

Process:

I took my hunting clothes out of storage. I washed them in Dead Down Wind detergent. Double rinsed. Dried. I placed all of the clothes in a plastic tote and placed the unit on top of the folded clothes. I loosely packed the clothes in the tote so that the air could move around them.

24hr update

I opened up the tote to see how the top layers might have responded. The clothes still smell like storage. Putting the unit back in and I will report back tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Look forward to tomorrow’s. I was first thinking about putting it in a tree. Would that work?

Comment

Originally posted by stxslayer View Post
              Thanks for the update. Look forward to tomorrow’s. I was first thinking about putting it in a tree. Would that work?

0% likely to do anything of merit. The output on this is minimal. It’s supposed to treat up to 6 cubic feet.

Comment

I bought one for my truck and my hunting bag. I work outside a lot and sweat in my truck. I turned it on and let it run for 24hrs and it removed the obvious odors from my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
                  0% likely to do anything of merit. The output on this is minimal. It’s supposed to treat up to 6 cubic feet.

Got ya. I’m a dreamer. Lol

Comment

48 Hour update:

The clothes at the bottom of the tote have no smell whatsoever. They don’t smell like the detergent, storage, plastic, or anything.

The top layer of clothes still have the storage smell so I’ve rearranged the tote to see if it actually works from the bottom up. Am I crazy?

Comment

humm

Comment

72 HR Update

I may not be using this thing the right way. I rearranged the tote again. Same issues as above.

Comment

Hmm I was thinking about getting one but idk now. I wonder if I should get a bigger generator.
                          Last edited by SolocamShooter; 08-25-2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Did this ever work?

Comment

Total side note, but most detergents have UV enhancers, and you look like a glow stick to deer in low light situations. Last week I read the back of one of the Dead Down Wind products specifically looking for something with no UV enhancers. This product seemed to have them though.

I may have looked at a different product than you though, so you may want to check.

Comment

Working...
                              X