Need new bow advice....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need new bow advice....

Alright guys, I'm in the market for a new stick and string. My creed has been a great one but I have the fever for something different and new to me. I'm not brand specific and am open to all suggestions. Just would like to get some feed back on what y'all currently shoot and the pros and cons. Of course I'm going to shoot anything before I buy it and will make sure her and I are a great fit. So let's hear it, what's your opinions.

Went form shooting a bow brand forever to shooting about 15 different bows over a 3 day period and settled on an Obsession Def Con 6. Best bow I shot after shooting so many. Take the time and try as many as you can and try them side by side if possible and let the bow find you. You should know when that bow sits in your hand and you shoot it!

Comment

Shot a bowtech for the last 11 years and assumed that is what I would get when I went and shot as many new bows as I could this year. I was wrong, picked up the new Triax on Saturday. Enjoy the process!

Comment

Obsession makes a great bow. All the big guys make great products.

Comment

Really like my Bowtech BTX and the ability to change how the draw feels. I know they’ve had issues in the past but I’ve never had a problem with any I’ve owned. The Halons are really nice to.

Comment

I went and shot all of them I could. By the time I made my mind up I was wore out from shooting so much. I left with a Halon 32, but they were all awesome bows. Just subtle differences between them all. It really is just one of those deals where your going to have to go shoot them and see what you like most. To be honest, it came down to color when it was all said and done for me. They had a black Mathews, and camo Bowtechs. I wanted a black bow, so it was the deciding factor.

Comment

I’ve shot a Reezen since I bought it the year it came out. In the years since I have gone to shops and shot Hoyts, bowtecs, Mathews, prime, and elites. I was set on Elites and Primes with Prime being my number 1. Never pulled the trigger. Just bought an Obsession Defcon 6 from a guy in the classifieds and after watching a lot of videos and reviews, I can’t wait to get my hands on it and shoot it.

Comment

I owned a shop for the last 12 years and have shot most everything,,,, I stopped looking when I shot obsession,, defcon 6 is my friend!

Comment

Darton. They engineered and hold patents that most major bow companies pay royalties for using in their bows. Downside is nobody carries their bows...I reckon because you can buy directly from Darton.

My 2014 3800 slings 445 gr arrows at 307 fps and 470 gr arrows at 297 fps.

Comment

Seems like some missing variables to keep the suggestions focused on what might work for you. Hahaha

I recently purchased a Diamond Core by Bowtech. Very modest price, under $300 and it came with all the tags for “built by” and “tested by” like the bigger brands do. Another tag stated it came set with 72lbs draw (on a 70lb max).

If you have a big budget, I hear the Triax from Mathews is decent. Lol

J

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. What are some of the things that turned y'all away from some models and company's. What didn't you like about them and your thoughts.

I'm not looking to be fast, my creed is slow! But would like a little speed.

Comment

First thing I did when I bought a new bow after 9 years was to feel how it fit my hand, comfort and weight. Next was the draw cycle and then the feeling of the bow on the shot and any noise associated with the shot. I tried to shoot every bow according to my draw and draw weight to compare apples to apples.
                        They way I look at it, if you do not like the feel of the bow in your hand before you draw, while you draw and after the shot, do you think you are going to enjoy shooting it a lot?

Pic the bow YOU want, not what someone else tells you to buy or what some advertisement says. I have seen my fair share of people buying bows according to fanboys or advertisements and not liking it after they shot it for a while and selling it or getting out of archery. I owned a shop for 10 years and I say it more than I wanted.

Very few BAD bows on the market today. If they were bad, they would not last long in this market.

Comment

Working...
                        X