2017 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well boys.....time to start a new thread. Should be getting close to shed hunting time, not to mention about that time over the next 2 months to thin out the local coyote population. I'm looking forward to hanging some new sets this year and setting up over the trails instead of the feed pens. I would love to plant some pear or apple or persimmon trees but not sure if the pears or apples would grow right in the sandy/rocky soil up there. Then we have the fires the local cattle ranchers set around February that would burn them trees up unless we did small burns beforehand around the trees....lots to think about. I need to get a soil sample and talk to some arborists.

Headed up in the morning to stash the tripods and check on things. Haven't been since mid December. Prob do some atv trail riding also. May hit the eagle tomorrow night

Comment

Thanks for starting the thread. I'd love to do the same but not being up there all the time I was worried about enough water. I just had three tons of like delivered that I need to spread. This guy showed up to say Happy New Years!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1486.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	24486627

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking forward to my second season there. I will be putting up a few more spots and hopefully a alfalfa station and feeder.

Comment

Oh man I had plenty of action this past season to get me worked up about this season. Tons of up and comers showed up mid season and haven't left, and the old guys that are pushing them around aren't going anywhere. Looking to get out and do some shed hunting on my spring break from college.

Comment

In for the 2017 thread.

Put out a ton of buck ration last month plan on going back soon and shed hunting. Have some new spots to scout. Learning so much every year, hunting keeps getting better and better for me up there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kva393 View Post
              Thanks for starting the thread. I'd love to do the same but not being up there all the time I was worried about enough water. I just had three tons of like delivered that I need to spread. This guy showed up to say Happy New Years!
              [ATTACH]844064[/ATTACH]

Stud for sure.

I found some trails and spots that I didn't know existed but found them too late, so I'm excited for next year as these are primary trails IMO.

Comment

Looking forward to getting up there soon and get prepping for this fall. Maybe do some hog hunting.....sure wish they would let you pig hunt at night up there though.

Comment

Got up yesterday and pulled 3 pop ups before the bears could get them, pulled cards on all but 3 cams, filled my feeder and put out a spring plot mix at one of my spots. The rye grass I planted in the fall has kept deer at our plots for the winter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

any of yall going to spring turkey hunt this year? when is opening day? 17th or something right?

Comment

I was up there yesterday and today, heard some gobbles yesterday mid day nothing in the morning or evening.

Comment

Just got back from four days up up there for my son's birthday. Saw some hens and heard one gobbler. Extended food plot by about 60 yards, spread three tons of lime, and fenced it in for the darn cows and horses.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1654.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	24489474

Comment

Originally posted by kva393 View Post
                          Just got back from four days up up there for my son's birthday. Saw some hens and heard one gobbler. Extended food plot by about 60 yards, spread three tons of lime, and fenced it in for the darn cows and horses.[ATTACH]846318[/ATTACH]

Nice work

Comment

Got my mount back from last year. Can't wait to see what happens this coming season.

Comment

Lease member found these today!!

Comment

Working...
                              X